Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2043 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hope everyone's off-season is going well. :)

Wanted to congratulate Grand Forks on the Shimizu signing. He was our #1 off-season hope/target. Thought he seemed reminiscent of Grasso (now in steep decline). Think Shimizu could be a good one.

Dinos are pleased to add Sharp. Happy to stick a guy like that in the back half of the bullpen and see what's he's got.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've completely missed the first few days of the season flip yet again. Have probably missed 8 of the last 10! Somehow it's always terrible real life timing for me.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not too much luck on the waivers yet, but I did pick up Delon Turner today as the only claimant! Good potential to turn into a very solid run producer :)

Upside potential to end up looking like Carson "The Barbarian" O`Brien as of today (in his current POT 12 state), but with less PD.

Updated Thursday, October 31 2019 @ 6:43:31 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a LOT of claims in for yesterday, but unfortunately struck out. Victor Reece (a teammate of Turner) was the most disappointing wiff, as he only had a couple claims for a long time. Got up to 6 by last night however.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Came into the off season with real serious need for 2 Catchers. So far I have been collecting Waterloo retreads and a few others. No big fish were really available but not a lot of waivers competition either. Able to grab a hand full to see what they look like on the roster. (Spring training invite) Not sure I am done,
maybe the Draft will provide.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe.

DeJesus was a disappointment. No pop, no speed, so even his good seasons were pretty meh. His defense also seemed poor for a guy with that much arm and fielding.

Van Dyke had a glorious Dino career - all 3 games of it. :) One of those both catchers are hung over grab someone from the stands acquisitions.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
No big claims in 2043 yet for the Falcons, but that's okay. Here's the scoop on 2043:

Performance Cut List:
Mora, Kellogg, McNulty, and Blanco. All in-between guys with different builds that haven't capitalized on their opportunities yet and are running out of time. Either find a role or make way for new guys!

Salary Cut List:
Arellano, Simmons, Lopez, Baez, Santos. 5 solid players but getting paid $8.5 MM in total and due to age/depth/build, there is no room for an underperforming year for them.

Talent Infusion by Promotion:
Looking for a big year from home grown talent. Stewart and Doug Ward have the highest ceilings and could reshape the infield at 3B/SS for years to come. Hope it starts this year.

Mireles and Suarez can boost an already strong pitching staff.

Espinosa, Dax Ward, Cortez, and Cueto are dark horses for 2043 but could see some situational work if they perform well.

2043 Draft Focus:
a solid catcher, young IF talent, then pitching, then OF/hitting only roles

Projections:
Pitching stays strong with an organizational goal of <4.0 RA/game. Defense improves as the key traits for each role are better understood. Offense is geared even more heavily to hitting than in years passed, so hopefully it is more reliable than the feast or famine performances from 2041/2042.

If we win the division its going to be because run suppression remains a thing and the offense does just enough to keep up in the heavy hitting east side of VI.24. In 2041/2042 it seems like interleague is where we let the division race get out of hand, so we're hoping to do better there and end up in a fair fight kind of situation when it comes time for a divisional race.

Best of luck to all teams in 2043!
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"Wanted to congratulate Grand Forks on the Shimizu signing. He was our #1 off-season hope/target. Thought he seemed reminiscent of Grasso (now in steep decline). Think Shimizu could be a good one."

Gratci :) Last year was pretty much a perfect storm of bad luck and bad ideas (mine!). This time, we're going more vanilla. Hopefully Shimizu will live up to his descriptors!
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess its just a fact my team will win game 1 in spring training and then lose the next 2 games. Through 3 series this has been the case for all.
Gambler75

Brockton Bombers
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Crazy spring training game: http://brokenbat.org/game/3498151

Quite the marathon lol. RIP the relief pitchers for the rest of this series. xD
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's nice! Lots of free experience for your players!
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A no-hitter in Spring Training!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Denvy had a win no-hitter. Two hit batsman away from a perfect game which is kinda weird statistically speaking đŸ€“
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I should almost be fined for being such a terrible owner. Haven't even gotten around to cutting all the aged out veterans from last season! Let alone attempt to improve my team in any way. There have been probably been like 100 great transactions in my league already. Green Bay has made zero of those!!!

Updated Wednesday, November 6 2019 @ 2:58:02 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well Haverhill has won a total of two claims. Both 1 claimers. So despite the trying, not too much better, LOL.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Might just be me misreading things, but the 2 rookies I called up from the minors are showing professional on their player card instead of rookie.

Anyone else have this problem?
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got the same problem too

https://brokenbat.org/player/177127
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep. Same problem.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Literally every player in my minors are listed as 'professional' now, except for the first draft pick from this season.

Updated Saturday, November 9 2019 @ 1:43:50 am PST
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, after doing nothing all off-season, and not even drafting a player in round 1 (they were all too awful to draft), Green Bay pledges to be active again. Well starting tomorrow. Or the next day :P

Hoping it's not too big of a hole to dig out of.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball

Literally every player in my minors are listed as 'professional' now, except for the first draft pick from this season.

Guessing it's mostly fixed now?

"Literally" every minor league player I've looked at that is under 25 w/o official games is a minor leaguer ... may be they'll be some fix later for 25/26yo that should have RotY eligibility?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Relevant bugs thread.

Looks like the fix didn't affect players that were no longer in the minors but were on the major league roster.

Admin has offered to fix them manually. I don't want to make work, so I haven't asked for my guys to be fixed. But if Rocha looks like he's in the RotY race I'll maybe send a request. :)
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Have games been simming really slow for anyone else? I still don't have my 2pm pacific game simmed yet.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think any games are simulating. Potential bug?
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think any games are simulating. Potential bug?

EDIT: WHY DOES THIS KEEP POSTING TWICE???

Updated Wednesday, November 13 2019 @ 3:37:32 pm PST
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Must be a freeze. 1 game played for me and that’s it.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My team's only in ll VI because of abysmal east-west balance in the lower leagues and it shows.

7-0 start, +26 RD.

Edit: Now 11-0, +42 RD. Dangit Steve, rebalance the divisions will ya ;p

Updated Thursday, November 14 2019 @ 5:31:44 pm PST
Midas Mulligan

Goldsboro Goldbugs
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow. Down 7-0, my bullpen took it personally, and my hitters put on their warrior faces, come back to win it 10-8. https://brokenbat.org/game/3524007

Updated Sunday, November 17 2019 @ 5:52:00 pm PST
spenaat

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What a difference capable lead-off pair makes. This just might turn into a solid season. Atleast compared to 2042.
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did put some work in during the offseason to make the team younger and strengthen a few positions, but I definitely wasn't expecting much this season. Probably somewhere around .500 like we were last season. We've been pretty good so far this season, which is nice since we're still a couple years away from most of my young guys being major-leaguers since I didn't draft much a couple seasons ago when I was away for a summer.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
This isn't going to last, might as well "curse" him now ...

Art "The Heir" Reeve ... 44 games @ SS ... zero errors
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Reeves fine play increases the chances that Flynn's string of gloves comes to an end.

Flynn booted a bunch to start the season - can't help wondering if the shaky platoon of Meadows/Pop at 2B is dragging him down.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 8 hitters make gains in training this week (12 total points gained) - every single one gained 1pt in Bat Control.

Am I prioritising Bat Control in training? No, no I'm not. In fact, IMO its the weakest hitting characteristic, but I guess I'll take it.
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got a fair amount of homegrown talent making a nice impact in the big leagues this year. http://brokenbat.org/player/170608This guy has been leading that charge. Turnbull is slashing .409/.493/.591. Is it sustainable? Hell no. But is it impressive? Absolutely.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking more and more like it's an individual numbers season ...

Ángel "of the Dangle"
34 bb vs 9 k's ... lovin it
Looks good for a 2nd season with more XBH than Ks

Except, he's 5x injured already ..
Do I not pay my manager enough to make sure the players are wearing their cups?
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We've won 9 of our last 10 and are 1 game out of first going into the final series before the all star break. I thought we'd be better than last year after making some minor tweaks, but this team is playing above expectation this season.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Condors leading the league at halfway. Still looking for a good pitcher on waivers. Can't wait to see who makes all-star game.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
My prediction: I'll have 2 players in the ASG
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thought the Dino All-Stars were interesting.

3 - Knight, Monroe, and Flynn - are coming off dreadful seasons in 2042.

The other 3 - Tuero, Sheridan, and PĂ©rez - are all free agent signings taken from the scrap heap.

Value of persistence I suppose.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My only representative was my old closer who lost his role and was relegated to SP5/SS. Given he is one of the worst pitchers on my staff this year, I've lost a lot of faith in the All Star algorithm, LOL.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The Marshals had six players representing us this year. Garrido , Sanders , Duran , Lee , Cordova were the ones I knew that were going to selected. One huge surprise for us was Ferguson . Only played in 23 games this year and was selected as an All-Star.
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Disappointed in myself for not noticing the rotation going into the all-star game. I think it would have been neat to have the starting pitcher but poor Rodger Sharpe started the day before oops.

He is by far having the best pitching season I've ever had in my years in this game off and on.

Hmm checked the roster, I had almost half the starters in the field and 3 on the bench. I feel like being tied for 1st is a bit of a letdown based on that lol

Updated Thursday, December 12 2019 @ 9:07:21 am PST
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Shout out to phenom Wendell Stewart for his slick work at SS in the 9th inning to get out of a 2nd and 3rd no-out jam in a one run game:

"Bottom 9th: Redwood City
Figueroa comes in to pitch.
Chance reaches on an error by third base Henry.
Umeda draws a walk.
Figueroa throws a wild pitch. Chance advances to third base. Umeda advances to second base.
The infield draws in.
Jean grounds to short stop. Chance is thrown out at the plate by Stewart. Umeda advances to third base. Jean reaches first on a fielder's choice.
Rowe comes in to pinch run for Umeda.
Allen grounds to short stop. Jean is forced out at second by Stewart. Allen is thrown out at first by short stop Stewart for a double play.
Florissant 4, Redwood City 3"

It's the kid's first year back up in the bigs with this management group, and he just got his "ss" tag this season. Sure, he's booted quite a few balls early this year in a new position, but it's performances like that that keep him slotted in at SS in the lineup!
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Vince Holden has been outstanding for me this season. I was a bit hesitent to start him since lefties have a reputation for not being good for starters, but he's been absolutely killing it for me. 14/26 starts are quality starts. Not at all bad.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Well as of the start of game 1 tomorrow it will be October 1, 2043, and the Florissant Falcons are still in contention for the VI.24 East Pennant.

After coming off a 3 game sweep of Valdosta they sit 5.5 games back of North Miami Beach with 20 to play. The only way to top this underdog story is if Danny Glover was a curmudgeonly manager who had to deal with a couple of kids witness celestial beings in the outfield, leading to a season rebirth when all he wanted to do was phone it in for the year... but I digress...

Anyways back to broken bat, veteran Chris Hopper gets the stone tomorrow and said he's planning to rain down menacing curve balls all day on Kentwood.
zonablazer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some of you may remember me from last season as the guy who was 3 games out of first with a .531 winning percentage but STILL demoted.

Well, check out what happened this season.

Nail biter!!!
patborders

Texarkana Twisters
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely dominated my league this year, winning the division by a very comfotable 25 games (we'll see what happens in the coin flip playoffs). Was maximizing playing time for youth guys from before the all-star game as promotion never really seemed in doubt. No doubt the salary jumps are going to brutal next season.

Have been up in V twice now and ended up relegated both times. This is definitely the best team I've had so far, though, so hopefully next season will be different.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Mesa Scorpions on their first ever division title!! The last team to have a ZERO prestige rating will now enter the ledger with a number above that. :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hah! Grats, Mesa! Meanwhile, the Ravens wonder how they can go about getting some of that there Prestige for tenaciously hanging around like a tick but not making forward momentum? *laughs*

Updated Wednesday, January 8 2020 @ 7:09:52 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Mesa Scorpions on their first ever division title!! The last team to have a ZERO prestige rating will now enter the ledger with a number above that.

Funny, I was just looking thru the rankings and noticed Mesa was the only club at zero prestige.

Hats off to Geraci for turning them into a winner!
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This was my first 90 win season since 2025. Pretty proud we were able to put that together while the minors pipeline catches back up. It's fun seeing minor roster tweaks and quite a bit of luck adding ten wins to a season.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats BUDude, and I agree it is fun to see a turnaround take place.

Looks like you and I are in similar boats. I took ownership in 2041 of a franchise that was in the dumps and we just put up a franchise record +239 RD in LL6 this season. We pushed the league leader until the last BrokenBat week of the season. 2044 might just be our year!

Interesting to note that while there's been tremendous turnover on my squad these last couple years (like single digits of original guys remaining), a lot of my "impact" players are still from that veteran core. I just filled some gaping roster holes around them, got lucky on the waiver wire a couple times, and drafted steadily each season, and now things are really starting to click.

Good luck in 2044.
cloudzell91

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
im the Champion in the league im in after 9 league years http://brokenbat.org/league/48

game7 http://brokenbat.org/game/3578951

my cy young pitcher http://brokenbat.org/player/186908

2043 season is great for me.. wohoo
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Mesa! They played a tough playoffs, and ultimately beat me in game 7 in the 12th, 6-5.

@wickersty

Deadwood legend Joe Lawson capped off his retirement tour with something truly special.
https://brokenbat.org/player/129497

Updated Friday, January 10 2020 @ 8:20:14 am PST

Previous Page | Show Page |