Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2043 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Well as of the start of game 1 tomorrow it will be October 1, 2043, and the Florissant Falcons are still in contention for the VI.24 East Pennant.

After coming off a 3 game sweep of Valdosta they sit 5.5 games back of North Miami Beach with 20 to play. The only way to top this underdog story is if Danny Glover was a curmudgeonly manager who had to deal with a couple of kids witness celestial beings in the outfield, leading to a season rebirth when all he wanted to do was phone it in for the year... but I digress...

Anyways back to broken bat, veteran Chris Hopper gets the stone tomorrow and said he's planning to rain down menacing curve balls all day on Kentwood.
zonablazer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some of you may remember me from last season as the guy who was 3 games out of first with a .531 winning percentage but STILL demoted.

Well, check out what happened this season.

Nail biter!!!
patborders

Texarkana Twisters
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely dominated my league this year, winning the division by a very comfotable 25 games (we'll see what happens in the coin flip playoffs). Was maximizing playing time for youth guys from before the all-star game as promotion never really seemed in doubt. No doubt the salary jumps are going to brutal next season.

Have been up in V twice now and ended up relegated both times. This is definitely the best team I've had so far, though, so hopefully next season will be different.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Mesa Scorpions on their first ever division title!! The last team to have a ZERO prestige rating will now enter the ledger with a number above that. :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hah! Grats, Mesa! Meanwhile, the Ravens wonder how they can go about getting some of that there Prestige for tenaciously hanging around like a tick but not making forward momentum? *laughs*

Updated Wednesday, January 8 2020 @ 7:09:52 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Mesa Scorpions on their first ever division title!! The last team to have a ZERO prestige rating will now enter the ledger with a number above that.

Funny, I was just looking thru the rankings and noticed Mesa was the only club at zero prestige.

Hats off to Geraci for turning them into a winner!
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This was my first 90 win season since 2025. Pretty proud we were able to put that together while the minors pipeline catches back up. It's fun seeing minor roster tweaks and quite a bit of luck adding ten wins to a season.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats BUDude, and I agree it is fun to see a turnaround take place.

Looks like you and I are in similar boats. I took ownership in 2041 of a franchise that was in the dumps and we just put up a franchise record +239 RD in LL6 this season. We pushed the league leader until the last BrokenBat week of the season. 2044 might just be our year!

Interesting to note that while there's been tremendous turnover on my squad these last couple years (like single digits of original guys remaining), a lot of my "impact" players are still from that veteran core. I just filled some gaping roster holes around them, got lucky on the waiver wire a couple times, and drafted steadily each season, and now things are really starting to click.

Good luck in 2044.
cloudzell91

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
im the Champion in the league im in after 9 league years http://brokenbat.org/league/48

game7 http://brokenbat.org/game/3578951

my cy young pitcher http://brokenbat.org/player/186908

2043 season is great for me.. wohoo
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Mesa! They played a tough playoffs, and ultimately beat me in game 7 in the 12th, 6-5.

@wickersty

Deadwood legend Joe Lawson capped off his retirement tour with something truly special.
https://brokenbat.org/player/129497

Updated Friday, January 10 2020 @ 8:20:14 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |