Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Day   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
After almost 3 years, i find another 15 pot prospect.

The only "problem" is i don't know if train him C or leave him 3B. Catcher is my worst position in the minors, but wasting 16 range is not good :D

Albert Rose
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
With that range I think Rose is really an outfielder. Too bad he doesn't have a positive fielding report or SS would be his calling.

My draft choices were slim. I picked Brett Ma who had a scouting report with the beautiful words "great hitter". 12 pot. He can play some OF but as Lh and negative fielding he's limited position wise. I'm already in love with Sam Conners as my future DH. Not sure if I want to develop him or not.

Updated Friday, April 10 2015 @ 9:02:35 am PDT
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@favuz I see rose as a CF. That range is lost at c and 3b.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did ok. I got a 13 POT college outfielder.

Edit: I really needed a lefty though :)

Updated Friday, April 10 2015 @ 9:02:02 am PDT
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I took this guy last yer who should handle CF in the future (cause he throws left, and i have a lot of OF type guys, so i don't have position for Rose in the outfield.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@dwindacatcher - I agree with more international players. At least enough to field a whole team in the World Classic (even if they don't ever qualify to be in it). That seems like one place where being a little different that reality could add enjoyment for some folks without really hurting the gameplay experience of anyone. Still makes sense to have a majority of players from the US and such. Just skewing the numbers a little to add some more guys from underrepresented countries.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock77
Agreed
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3 above average and 2 no potential. have seen 1 good and zero very good thus far. 10 potential trash. I've seen people complain about getting no luck, but can i at least get a shot at a 13 potential sometime soon?
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The last half of last season and the first couple weeks this season i have had EXCELLENT drafts.

Here are four of my previous 7 picks.

Emilio Canales
Cesar Mecado
Art Neal
Pedro Batista
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
could I get a shot at 13 potential sometime soon?

Can appreciate your frustration. "Above average potential" can mean a 13.

Take Haselrig's Puentes. From his scouting, he's got 65-70 SI allocated. So if his BC, PD and arm average:
10 - he's a 12. Pretty easy to make this.
12.5 - he's a 13. Less likely, but possible.
15 - he's a 14. Not very likely.
Plus, that guy has an obvious position indicated by the scouting (corner outfield).

Not jabbing Haselrig - he went need over best available. And I don't know that any of your options had the scouting of Puentes. But I definitely encourage folks to work with the full picture and not focus on the potential comments (which are often opaque).

Updated Friday, April 10 2015 @ 2:03:39 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page