Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> New Coach Hires   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At present, the coaching role assignment are automatic (and close to optimal). I am working on a manual assignment mode.

If you promote a coach to manager, it will automatically assign a coach to your staff. But you can replace him immediately. It's just to prevent teams from not having enough coaches.

Steve

Updated Saturday, September 18 2021 @ 4:08:58 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I promoted my pitching coach to manager, and got the following message on a white screen:-

Array ( [id] => 5592 [to_replace] => 3690 [assistant] => 0 [description] => coach_promotion )

Okay...there was some debug left in the coach. Thanks...it's removed now.

Steve
Akaoni21

Joliet Blues
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It'd be nice if we could shift coaches around into different roles.

The current system is very clunky and needlessly difficult to deal with.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
That is planned for...just not implemented yet.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Could probably just use the same UI as the Replace Manger. Just instead of "Promote", it would be "Swap".
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh joy. Replaced my pitching coach and my hitting coach became my pitching coach xD
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'm going to have to avoid using this feature or signing coaches etc until some changes are made. I can't stand the choices the AI is making. I signed Coach A to replace Coach B as Pitching Coach, I did NOT want my Hitting Coach fired and Coach B signed as my Hitting Coach. My whole coaching assignments are screwed up now, and not the way I would want them.

Love the idea, but dont like the implementation. Just let us assign the roles we want coaches hired into and let us swap coaches into different roles without having to fire them.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I would not replace a coach I want to keep in some role with a new hire. So each time I replaced someone I didnt mind losing.

Vann I was not really pleased with after a year. As advertised, didnt see much affect on SI gain. More than half the NP had the average 3-4 SI gain and he was below 10 in offense, defense, and of course fielding (negative comment there).

So grabbing Burgess, even younger than Vann, after being dropped by Farmington Hills, was great. I also replaced Cooper, who I wouldnt have kept anyway, with Montes (who was shuffled into another role).

So I await being able to assign guys to jobs, as I wouldnt risk losing a good coach to this silliness.

The 1B/3B coaches need only slight upgrades. Going off the manual, they needs to be be good at teaching the game. They have some deficiencies so they will stay unless I can find another one who is good+ at teaching the game with less deficiencies.
Midas Mulligan

Goldsboro Goldbugs
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to experience this. I was trying to replace a base coach and it dumped my perfectly good hitting coach and replaced him with not-a-hitting coach. Please fix, Most Blessed Steve.
keggar

Topeka Top Gears
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe the new coach position could be based on stats not reputation. Some here have said when they hire a new coach the new coach becomes their hitting coach. My hitting coach is at 11 managing hitters, and when I hire a new coach that new coach becomes my pitching coach and the rest of my coaches move down to the next position. I believe this is because the stats are 10 across the board for each of the other coaches. Perhaps when the coaches stats start to change their roles will as well.

Previous Page | Show All |