Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Rapidly vanishing minor system   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think Steve has ever gone back on a change. If it didn't happen with the managers, which has been almost unanimously disliked, I can't imagine it happening with anything.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
He should reconsider. Managers stink. Drafting stinks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What's wrong with the draft? Its better than it was before.

Not sure why people are convoluting the draft with the high level of experience rookies are coming into the game with. The two are completely separate. I don't see it as going back, rather improving on what is there. I'd love to see Steve tweak the experience rookies start out. Those 18 year old kids getting drafted straight out of high school should really be starting off in rookie ball, not AA.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, but feel like we could meet somewhere in the middle. I felt like too many players were not getting to the pros until 24-25 before, only giving them a few years before possibly regressing. Perhaps have a reasonable mix of both? A player could still make it to the pros at 18-22, but he would need to be pretty good
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see it as going back, rather improving on what is there. I'd love to see Steve tweak the experience rookies start out. Those 18 year old kids getting drafted straight out of high school should really be starting off in rookie ball, not AA.

Agreed. Rookie ball was a valuable part of prospect development and everything happens too fast now, as others have said, with prospects piling up fast. There are too many guys hitting AAA and being recommended for promotion way before they're ready, and way before they can become close to being assets.

Managers are what they are, I don't believe they are broken in any way. Some are better than others, its just the way it is.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At least the 16 and 17 year olds... That's what Rookie is for. All those kids barely out of middle school getting drafted into baseball.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't 18 year olds go to A ball? You might get lucky and have them advance to AA shortly after.

prospects piling up fast

Sounds like a nice problem to have. :) You may have some decisions to make. That's good isn't it? Makes the game interesting.

recommended for promotion way before they are ready

Is this conjecture? Got a bunch of halflings because of the new draft? I'm having trouble seeing it. You have one position prospect at AAA below 93 SI. Your pitchers are nicely into the 70s.

Isn't this an opportunity for more decisions? If you don't think a player is ready, leave him in AAA a little longer. Minor league stats he accrues there will be far more indicative than rookie ball.

managers are what they are

Hehe. OMG! We must fix prospects! But don't touch managers. They are fine.

Monroe is 51 now. Only another 20 seasons / 5 real life years with the greatest asset in the game.

Not that this is a democracy, but I'm more inclined to go with prospects are what they are, fix managers please.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been seeing 18 year olds go to AA, 16 year olds are the only ones I've seen go to A. I'm sure there is some overlap. Either way, they all come in with way too much experience.

Not a good problem to have, because most players can no longer be retrained. Possibly part of why Steve did it, but I would have preferred that he just limited minor league position experience.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Certainly a lot of Halflings on my team :)

I'm definitely seeing a lot of guys recommended before they are ready. I don't promote most guys when they get the recommendation now a days. I drafted a 16 year old kid with 36 SI and the AI thinks he belongs in A...? Outrageous. Two position players with 65 SI that the AI thinks should be in AAA. Then a third guy hitting .244 that the AI wants to promote...

I'm seeing poor performance when they are promoted early, and I'm seeing growth when they aren't promoted, so I'm just keeping guys down and promoting them when I think they are ready. Of course the AI did fool me with Damien "Shrugger" Burrell. Three years after getting the nod, I still don't think he is ready yet. At least he is finally hitting above .150 this season...
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the draft, you're able to make more informed decisions and draft for need better(mostly). Managers, eh

Previous Page | Show All |