Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Waiver Claim system   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mig

Read please, I did say earlier in this discussion that I've admit to getting good players.

I'm just saying what it is. Every single team out here will want those kind of pitchers, and every single team needs them. No need to come out at people.

Now, with this new system, yea it will take a very long time TO get used. But I guess it's part of evolution. Pitchers in the game will get worse and worse.

BTW when I said "teams with great pitchers" I meant teams of the past, present and future. Now I know this is a fact: Las Vegas and Saratoga (no offense) have been doing the stack and pack strategy to get to the top. I've used the same strategy. I've also used the strategy of getting ahead of the ball game (with my fielders, I already have a few ready to play ball in Majors in a couple of years) Now, I know your talking for the lower league people mig, and you're probably thinking I'm in the Big League team's sides. I'm not. I'm just trying to make a way for the game to get better. And end of story : )
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Keep in mind that much older teams were also competing against only 200 other owners for free agents and now we have 500 managed clubs, so that is driving demand too.

Steve
rjpj69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You say SI is used to much to measure players. I am sure there is plenty of untapped skill in the free agent market.

But the only way we have to judge is from the SI. To find that untapped skill is just a crap shot. If you take 5 players from the free agent pool. You might get lucky and find one of the untapped players you speak of. Just like in the real world. More info on the players or minor league games would help to find these gems you speak of.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
msigg6,

You’ve got to hand it to me, what you wrote, coming from you, was fresh.

If you feel I came out at you, well, you were asking for it.
JK13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like there needs to be some waiver priority system put into effect. Like a waiver priority list 1-500. You make a claim and your team goes to bottom of list. Four players I put claims on went to the same two teams. So they got two players they claimed and I was out of luck...
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i think it didnt worked at all - had some players on waiver claim list and checked them this morning. Some went to other teams and some went to free agency instead to me, although i had one open roster spot. so atleast one player of them had to be on my team by waiver claim.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Same goes for me. :s

Also 2 teams got 2 good players at same time, agree with the post above Berlin's.

You must have the hand of luck if you can get 2 players.
JK13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, seems like the waiver system had some serious bugs and it was a domino effect from there. Hopefully things will just get reset,fixed and we can try again.The "lucky" teams might be upset but that's probably the fairest thing that can be done.
rjpj69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had over 10 open spots and did not win a waiver. Also had some claims on guys that ended up as free agents.

Hopefully if there is a reset we get at least 24 hours to put claims in and it isn't just all go to free agents.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
in combiantion with the game engine bug, best would be a rollback until the day of the season change

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page