Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2035 Take 3 - I think...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly.

Clean slate...but:
After seeing how poorly we hit lefties there is a cut we will not make this time and like you said, a couple leashes will be shortened!
I'm also having the exact same difficult time dropping Shields and his salary. Waited 2 weeks last time to drop him and watched him have a very poor season elsewhere. Still I can't do it. Hahaha
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nashville opens by throwing a one hitter against me. Sorry for the solitary single. I'd take it back is I could.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm also having the exact same difficult time dropping Shields and his salary. Waited 2 weeks last time to drop him and watched him have a very poor season elsewhere. Still I can't do it. Hahaha

I was a little surprised when you cut Shields last time round. His 2034 was pedestrian, but 2033 was so good. His stats still look intimidating. I would have a hard time cutting him loose. Guess it depends on what is pushing him. And with a little foresight, I could see how a slow start could get the button pushed.

I'm surprised he's never hit 30 HRs with that stat line. I only play 10 games against you a season, but I learned to fear Shields.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
One easy fix - on take one I forgot to bump up the seating.

Outside of that, mostly thoughts and prayers ...

For Kaniela "Kahuna" Keahi
- a team that won't drop him halfway to Rookie of the Year ... real-life comp = if Mookie Betts was a DH?

For Vin Diesel
- not getting a pair of 30+ day injuries

For "Graham" Chapman
- anything close to his lost 12-0 start
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Never had a start like this, surprised if anyone has:-

L
WWWWWWWWWWWWW
LLLLLLLLLL
W
L
WWWWWWW

Not looking forward to what comes next... :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric, it looks like your team is trying to communicate something to you. It's a code.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
In v1 2B was a disaster for the Dinos (what else is new). Tried both my kids, tried 3-4 oldsters. Bad offense. Bad defense. Bad. Bad. Bad.

This time last season we picked up Saito. There were 6-7 claims on him. Was pleased to try him out. He was terrific. When it became clear 2035 would be redone, the first thing I did was bookmark Saito.

In v2 we lucked into Meza as an unopposed claim. Solid defensively. Bit of upside offensively. He's been terrific. 2B has been one of our stronger positions.

When Saito popped lose again I watched. If anyone else had made a claim I probably would have let him go. But with no claims and the memory of v1 to work from, I felt obligated to extend him an offer.

Dinos now have an abundance of riches at 2B. I'm not under roster pressure - but it is a fair chunk of salary to carry both. Not sure what we'll end up doing.

Nice problem to have.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the beginning of the season I cut guys that underperformed in the last season.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's interesting to see how the 2 different seasons have unfolded so far.

1st time around in league 3, the east won interleague. This season so far, the west is hammering the east.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
When did we get reset last time? Sometime around now right? Last 2035 I was in first when the game blew up. This time I am in 5th (10 games out :()

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page