Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> League Play for Each Level   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This would be a lot of work, I'm sure, for Steve. But I think it would be awesome. And it would give owners so much more to do and focus on when they are rebuilding their teams. I feel like we'd get to spend so much more attention to detail on our prospects instead of mostly ignoring their performance and just looking at stat trends. I think it'd be a nice addition to the game.

But I don't discount the effort.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
What about a fantasy baseball system where we draft minor league players, build teams, and set up a virtual competition like one guy does in Hardwood?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe the games are already played for real. Maybe Steve could just make those available for us to see from play pages. I don't like all the roster changes described above.

I don't think we should be forced to have players at minor league levels they don't belong in just to have enough to fill minor league teams. I don't want to have to keep a AA player in Rookie because otherwise I have to cut him.

I also don't like the idea of not being able to bring up a AA Catcher if my major league Catchers are all injured.

Overall it seems like this idea would remove a lot of the strategic elements of the game.

Also, playing games for real would put a lot more work on the servers.

Updated Friday, February 25 2022 @ 3:05:16 pm PST
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree the server would need to run more, which could be a problem.

I disagree with your prior arguments, though, as you'd literally have 50+ more players to strategize with and more choices to make (which would impact real games)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So your suggesting the roster limit is removed (or only counts towards Majors/AAA).

I'm not sure if Steve would want to triple the number of active players.

We'd all love to have 150 players on our team, but the limits force us to strategize and prevents teams from hoarding.

I still think this would end up taking more away from the game than adding.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking at your idea again, I believe its saying we get 9 hitters per level. So if I have 10 guys who belong in AA developmentally I am forced to either cut one or move him to a level he doesn't belong at. I don't like that. I should be moving players to the level they belong at developmentally, which the current system doesn't prevent.

I understand any given team seldom has 9 hitters in AA right now, but if the roster size increased, we would have 9 hitters at each level that we felt were good prospects. If one needed to be promoted, you would be forced to cut someone at a higher level.

Personally, I would never watch minor league games. Having the stats from their games is all I really need.

Updated Saturday, February 26 2022 @ 1:46:29 pm PST
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
V.9

Broken Bat Baseball
Also worth pointing out that if the game ends up taking up too much real life time to play it competitively, you could end up losing managers. Realistically I can spend no more than an hour a day here at most - to check results, re-set line-ups, search for free agents etc. If it needs more work and other people with more time get an advantage, I'm not sure I'd keep playing.

Updated Saturday, February 26 2022 @ 1:47:35 pm PST
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, I'd never watch the games either (and wouldn't suggest offering play-by-play for the lower leagues, just the boxscore), but it would be fun for them to actually be playing for something, see the records and the stats, and promote/demote leagues with them.

Also, the promoting/cutting issue your concerned about is something we already deal with. Your roster size is only so big, you have to make choices who to keep and who to cut. My suggestion would just be more realistic. You either have room in your A squad or you don't. Someone too weak is cut. Someone that looks good is promoted, and yes that affects the entire club.

Anyway, just an idea for game expansion. We have like .. 12000+ FA players right now just laying about. I wish they were doing something. This would be a solution.

Updated Saturday, February 26 2022 @ 6:26:04 pm PST
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I thoroughly enjoy the game as is. The end.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
They do actually play games. Steve just doesn't make the play-by-play available for minor league games. It would be kind of a headache because your guys are all assigned to different minor league teams under the current system.

It was a huge day when Steve started playing minor league games. The minor leagues stats became a LOT more valuable and I completely changed my player evaluation mechanics. We know a LOT more about our minor leaguers now than we did back then.

The beauty of the randomized minor league team system is that your players are playing with a different group of players every day(game?/week?). By playing with different players all the time, their stats are less likely to be inflated due to teammate performance, and there is a sort of naturalization of performance across each minor league level.

Updated Sunday, February 27 2022 @ 7:52:53 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |