Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2032 All-Star Predictions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca thanks for the info

in terms of who I think is worthy on my team, I would hope that Repetto gets in due to his HRs, SLG, RBI and he's in the top 10 for OPS... plus he leads the league in Player of the Game awards, if that means anything.

Also, I think Peters deserves consideration because he's leading the league in wins, and is near the top of the league in almost every pitching category. Plus he's #1 or #2 in Player of the Game awards as well.

Also, I think Saavedra is probably the second or third best closer in the league this year - that might warrant an invitation to the game.

Fun times. Too bad we've got a pretty dreadful record so far.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Probable All-Stars:

» Caesar Rodriguez (P) — He’s currently leading the league in wins despite being on a team fighting tooth and nail to stay out of relegation.
» Yoshio Sakai (2B) — He’s one of the best offensive players on the team and in the league this season, with the best average on the team and second most steals in V.4.
» Jung Hwan Lee (OF) — After last season’s stats, .298 with a .905 OPS could be called an off year, but he’s doing that after a frigid April and early May.
» Russell Jonsson (SS) — He’s cooled off lately, but his torrid start and second best fielding percentage at shortstop should earn him a spot.

Dark horse picks:

» Billy Morrison (P) — One of the better ERAs in a division that’s decidedly better at the plate than on the mound.
» Luis Rojas (P) — Having 18 saves on a team in a three-way tie for last place is fairly noteworthy.
» Eduardo Rosario (1B/DH) — The least likely on the list to make it, but he has an outside shot. If he gets the nod, it’ll be his tenth straight ASG.

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 1:18:49 pm PDT
Gambler75

Brockton Bombers
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I've got three with a legitimate chance, anyone else would be a big surprise to me, since playing time has gotten shuffled around a lot to get younger guys developing.

28yo SP O'Leary - 2.06era, .189baa, 1.04whip, 7-5 record might trip him up, the run support for him has been abysmal compared to the rest of the staff.

33yo CL Barr - 1.71era, .223baa, 1.19whip, 21sv, 2bs.

32yo CF Shaw - .971ops, 19hr, 62rbi.

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 1:27:15 pm PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@TPS — Injuries don’t keep players out of the All-Star Game. One of my players made it last season and played despite an injury.

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 1:30:33 pm PDT
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3B or 2B Burt
Duncan plays right but always plays left in ASG
Colombo normally get picks
Mybee Frazier 36 in ASG would be great but probably not going to happen for the Bobcats GOAT
Mybee Barrera too at Catcher
Much less than the 7 last year

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 1:48:06 pm PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I fully expect Montanez to make it a third year in a row. Beyond that, I can keep fingers crossed for Lohman, Cano, or Pardo but won't be surprised if they miss. Maybe one of these days I'll get a pitcher to the All-Star game...

Edit: In the end it was Montanez, Lohman, and Cano. And we won the game!

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 2:07:25 pm PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Despite leading my division by 2 games and being tied for the best RD I do not expect to be well represented in the All Star game. I'm thinking 3 guys, tops.

These two I'm pretty confident about.

2B- Roberto Quinones .294/12 HR/53 RBI
P - Dick Poli 10-3/1.61 ERA/.981 WHIP (ERA & WHIP lead league)

This one is a maybe.

P - Kendall Shelton 2.13 ERA/25 Saves in 28 chances/.711 WHIP
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Frazier didn't make everyone else did plus pitcher Roy Jensen neither Pitcher played sadly but we won 2-1

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 2:05:48 pm PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
All three of my guys that I thought were worthy made it onto the All Star squad. Pretty cool.

And psyched that my boy Peters was the starting pitcher the all star game. :)

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 2:15:49 pm PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I only had 2 players make the all star squad and neither played. I am in 2nd place in my division so that sounds a little disappointing but it is probably a fair representation of my team. I have hardly anyone showing in the top 10 in hitting in any of the batting categories. I have a lot of pitching in the top 10 but nobody dominating. I think my team is filled with solid players throughout which keeps me close but I have few to no star players. My first couple of star players I drafted are reaching AAA so I hope that my farm system starts helping me out in the near future. I guess this is what happens when you start in broken bat and put most of your draft focus on high school players. It takes 5 or 6 seasons to start pushing some of these guys through.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page