Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2032 All-Star Predictions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
We only had two players make the All-Star game today in Matsuda and Ruff.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My two locks made it. Park started as well as Pitts. Rowland started at C and Crespo started at 1B.

Cooper and Guzman made the squad as well.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 All of my expected picks made it — Caesar Rodriguez even got the starting nod — but none of the dark horses did. The East beat the West 5-4, but the game took ten innings to settle. Now that is an even matchup between the divisions.

Great showing out there by Poli from Hood River in the West, too.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Baird

That's probably it. Might squeeze in 1-2 others, but I doubt it.

As usual, we managed to better my expectations - 4 Lancers made it. :)

Baird started the game, as expected (he was given the loss, but w/e).
Jorgensen was the top OF, didn't expect that but I'll take it.
Correa I signed after one week because we couldn't hit righties, and he's done just that: .300 AVG hitting 3rd or 4th.
Tan has really come on, getting back to his previous form - like most of my hitting lineup.

When I said that I thought 1-2 more might join Baird I was really thinking pitchers, but there are always some surprises. Some of the East lineup looks to be guys over-achieving or having career seasons (plus there's the guy with a 3:54 BB:K ratio, but at least his other numbers are decent), and yet Ortiz saw his four season streak ended while having a career-worst season. I guess I'll have to hope the second half flips all that.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Great showing out there by Poli from Hood River in the West, too.

Thanks, AP. He did perform well but it didn't matter in the end. I don't think I've ever been part of a winning team in the ASG. I was right about Quinones and Poli. Shelton didn't make it but I had 2 surprises in Mays and Pressley. I was shocked to see that Pressley started at 1B. He's only hitting .269/6 HR/37 RBI/.768 OPS. Mays was a surprise, too as he's only hitting .278 with very similar power numbers to Pressley.

Bring on the 2nd half!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All of my guys I thought even had a chance ended up making it with the exception of Atkins. That was the right call, though, because Sherman Williams is much better. That guy is a stud and will battle my Perez for MVP.

Unfortunately we only went 1 for 9. Brooks threw out the only attempted stolen base, which isn't surprising since he's nabbed 50% so far this season. On the pitching side, Wiley came in and threw a whopping 2 pitches before getting pulled. Considering he recorded 2 outs with those 2 pitches, that seems like a pretty darn quick hook. His WHIP is 0.805 and BAA .177 for crying out loud. Alas, Chen was brought in a couple innings later in the ninth in an attempt to gain the save. They went two for three against him giving him the blown save and loss. Ouch.

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 8:27:42 pm PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Predicted Peck and Bruzzone to get in, only got Martin. Sad! Worst All-Star showing ever for me.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wasn't sure what to predict because I never know what the CPU is thinking, but we had a total of 8 players (6 hitters, 2 pitchers) make the all-star game.

Of course we lost! Hah. EDIT: Just kidding we won. Score said 4-5 so I thought we lost.

Updated Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 9:23:04 pm PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We send 6 players to All-Star game, which is more than we did past seasons. Sly got the start, Morita went in as relief pitcher, and all 4 batters made an appearance.
Sadly we got demolished 8-0 getting only 2 hits ;)
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Pleasantly surprised to have two representatives at the All Star game in my first season in Div IV.

Adam Collins even got the start and drove in a run!

Previous Page | Show All |