Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> All Star Prediction Thread.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Let's post the players from our teams who we think/hope will make the All Star Game.

From the Champaign Suzumebachi

César "The Hammer" Medoza: on every offensive top ten list except steals, with an OPS over 1000 I can't imagine him not making the roster.

"Wolf" Leon: My SS, he's been having a down year defensively, which I attribute to my new very green behind the ears 2b. But he leads the league in HR with 23 and is top 5 in both Runs and RBIs

Dustin "The Goat" Lang: He's getting older, but this is a banner year for him. He plays LF but we keep him around because he gets on base and drives in runs.

Juan "The Rock" Rosales: He is our veteran closer, 22 saves on the season, a WHIP of .840, and an ERA 2.43, FIP 2.35

"Fabulous" Lester Glenn In his rookie year he is doing pretty spectacularly, WHIP of .1230, and ERA of 3.89. though his FIP is pretty terrible at 5.10

and lastly "Little" Chris Poe: WHIP of .1259 ERA of 3.08. He eats up innings as a starter like no one else. I can always coutn on him to give my bullpen a rest.

AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 » Jung Hwan “The Beast” Lee — He’s on most of the league leader boards, has an OPS of 1.010, and has the most PotG awards in the VI.7. He should be a shoo-in for left field.

» Yoshio Sakai — If .336/.410/.533/.943 with 19 steals and 62 RBIs doesn’t rate an All-Star appearance, I am terrified to look at the rest of the East’s second basemen.

» Eduardo “Wheels” Rosario — He’s slashing even better than Sakai and has almost as many swipes, but has fewer RBIs. Shame he’s going to miss it with a dislocated finger; this would have been his ninth straight.

» “Super” Mario Medrano — Slashing nearly as well as Sakai with more RBIs than Rosario, he should make the squad. Thank you, Haselrig. ^.~

» Bobby Howell — He’s on the batting average leader board (though, to be fair, half of the batting average leader board in VI.7 are Rats) and has driven in 48; he should at least make the team as a reserve.

» Billy Morrison — 11-0 with a 1.92 ERA out of the bullpen, he’s pretty much been an immovable wall of no in the late innings. I’d be amazed if he didn’t make the team, and wouldn’t be too surprised if he got the start; he does have the stamina for it.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Locks:

Tom Watson: Leading the league in BA, He's a shoo-in for his second trip.

Mario "Marvelous" Barraza: : He should once again do his Gene Garber impersonation in the AS game, and hopefully he'll redeem himself from last year's performance.

Maybe's:

Xavier Hunt: He's batting .312 with 17 stolen bases. A dark horse, certainly, but a dangerous backup at least.

Otis Wagner: He's finally having a breakout season, hitting better than ever. He could be a dangerous pinch-hitter against righties, against whom he is hitting .311.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think these players from my team should make the All Star Game

Terry Dunlap
- my closer. He has 28 saves at the all star break. Has a 1.07 ERA. Also has a batting average against of .192 - He made the All Star Game last season

Sandy Kaline - my former setup man who moved to the starting rotation. Has an ERA of 1.21 with a batting average against of .208 - He won rookie pitcher of the year last year in my league and he is having an even better year this year.

Robert Madden – another reliever on my team who is now my setup man. He has an ERA of 1.87 and a batting average against of .188. He is the reason I felt comfortable moving my former setup man Kaline to the starting rotation.

Hidetoshi Sakei
- A starting pitcher on my team. He made the All Star Game last season and this season he is having an even better performance. He has an ERA of 2.73 and an batting average against of .225. If my offense was better he would have won more games than he has so far.

None of my hitters are worthy of the All Star Game this season in my estimation. But that is not their fault due to me being in a very pitcher friendly ballpark with high outfield walls.

But if stolen bases are considered then,

Harry Moore
- my CF. He could make the All Star Team on stolen base totals alone. He has 48 stolen bases at the all star break. And he covers a ton of ground in CF. But his average is lower than what it may-be should be and his On Base Percentage is bad. ( But this makes his stolen base totals even more amazing - considering how low his OBP is.)

I do not think he should make the team, but if Stolen Bases are considered, he could make the team. And he did win rookie of the year last season in my league, and he is having a better year his season than that season.

Updated Tuesday, April 4 2017 @ 10:25:25 pm PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
LOCKS:
Mark Bruzzone (1B)
20 HR (T-5), 66 RBI (7th), 55 runs (T-7) .299/.358/.576 (6th); just outside top-10 in BA and OBP; 5th in OPS; 8 POTG awards (T-2).

All-Star and All-League player in this league 4 of the last 5 years; expecting this year to be 5/6.

Antonio Frias (DH)
22 HR (1st), 65 RBI (8th), .284/.360/.572 (7th). Just outside top-10 in OBP, probably top-20 in BA. T-6th in OPS.

8 POTG awards (T-2). All-Star last year in this league.

Francisco Lemus (P)
League leader in POTG awards (6); 4th in WHIP (1.112); 7th in ERA (3.34); 10 QS in 14 games started; still could be Cy Young contender if he gets past cold streak brought on by injury and able to chalk up some more wins.

CONTENDERS:
Jason Nelson (P)
3rd in ERA (2.80); T-7th in wins (7); 8th in WHIP (1.184)

Young Nam Park (P)
5th in IP (116 2/3); 6th in ERA (2.93); T-7th in wins (7)
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Quite different situation this year compared to last year, in 2030 we were leading the league, but we had almost nobody in top10 individual statistics. We only had 2 All-Stars last year, which I think for division champions is very low. It was a team effort all along.

This year we are leading the league again (I can't say enough how unreal this is), but we also have individual performers.

HITTERS:
Jesus Benavides is having a career year, leading the league in AVG and being top 5 in RBIs and SLG, should make the All-Stars 2nd year in a row.

Adrian Cedillo is doing what he always does - hitting and scoring. League leader in runs scored, up in top 10 in some other stats (including HRs, which is weird), it will be his 5th All-Star appearance. And the dude is 28.

Jesus Menendez is having his best year since 2028, when he was selected to All-Star team, but I don't think he makes the cut. He's a club legend though, all-time franchise RBI leader, future Hall of Famer, so I had to include him in the list :)

PITCHERS:
Chad "Fear The Beard" Anderson. What will we do when this guy retires? I don't think we ever win a close game anymore... 22 saves this year and counting, (do I have to mention he's a league leader?), 1.79 ERA and 0 HRs allowed. Oh, No blown saves too. BEAST.

Ivan Felix was picked up in the offseason as a bullpen fill pitcher, jumped into starter role due to injuries, and became ace of the team. Career year from 33 year old, league leader with 2.23 ERA, 9-1 record, and 1 HR given up in 96 innings.

"Sly" is in top 10 of all starter related stats besides wins, but I think he'll have to wait a bit more for his first All-Star appearance.

Side note: I just noticed that one of previous owners nicknamed Felix "The Fox". That means I have a 1-2 Sly Fox punch in pitching lineup :)

Updated Wednesday, April 5 2017 @ 1:11:01 am PDT
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I gave that nickname...what a year from him...
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I gave that nickname...what a year from him...

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page