Help

Forum >> Help >> Strange player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First of all, I disagree about the player being useless. With minor league time those sorts of players can be rehabilitated and come close to or even hit their potential. Secondly, the lack of hitting report only means that the player will max in hitting between 8-13. BC and PD are not connected to that report, and the decent slugger means 13-16 power. The key will be patience, as the only place where he will gain SI at this point will be in the minors, so it will be a waiting game for him to finish his development. If you don't think you can do that, or want to, then cut him, as he has an outside chance of panning out at 23 that far from his cap. If you can hold him in the minors, then I'd say he is a viable project for a LL VI minor league system as there are no options in free agency with better ceilings.
TOTONOAM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As someone said bafore, I am only 1-2 weeks with the club.

I put him in the A because this is the suggestion I got from the game system. Am I wrong?

I have the patience.
I want to develop players, develop my team from the nothing it is right now :)
SO I should train him in power and deffence? No problem.

Another small question- If the player position is 3B as this one for example, What will happen if I put him SS, OF or 2B?
Does it matter or the engine works only with his skills and doesn't care about his "favorite" position?
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
There are suggested things to look for for each position in this forum thread. Combine that with the link I posted in response to your other question, and you should have a rough idea of where you can best fit your guy.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You will receive a considerable fielding penalty if you play a player out of position. That is why its worth retraining young players to their best position (via the resources quanin provided).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Considering the amount of time he will need to spend in the minors to fully develop (or at least come close) you will have plenty of time to get him trained to his best position if you go to your minor league page and select that position as the one you want him to play. It may take 3 to 4 seasons to train the position, but you are looking at that amount of time anyways.

Edit: Tbh, the amazing fielding with middling range and good arm are perfect for 3B so much so I might just take the left handed penalty. OF would be where most would stick him, but I kind of prefer more range even from my corner outfielders.

Updated Saturday, April 23 2016 @ 1:14:27 pm PDT
TOTONOAM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You guys went too far.
Altough he is 14, I don't think about make him 119 si as 14 potential.
IF he can be 105-110, I will be very happy.
I remind you I have a new team, 105-110 in the sixth league is very good.
TOTONOAM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can look at him like to 20 years old player. I don't care.

P.S. so why it's written he doesn't have to much room for improvement?
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You're absolutely right. In level 6 he can still be decent even if he does fall short of his potential. Have patience and let him develop in the minors for a couple of season's. Then you can reassess where he is when he is 25 or 26 years old. Just be patient.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That's the thing I think this game's going to take a lot of, no matter where you're playing... patience. go figure, the one thing I'm not all that good at. :)
TOTONOAM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you all.
You made me very happy with this guy.
Patience in training is not my problem.
He close me the 3B for the future.
Now I need better talented P and 2B :)

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page