Help

Forum >> Help >> Strange player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@quanin: Neither am I. I have been playing over a year in real time and am going bonkers waiting for some of my prospects, but they are starting to join the big leagues. I have ruined a few players by my impatience, but I have a few stars that I have developed.

Updated Saturday, April 23 2016 @ 3:36:49 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

doesn't have to much room for improvement

That means that he doesn't have enough minor league training, so he can't improve in the majors. He will likely only go up one or two SI if you leave him in the majors. He can only improve if he is placed back in the minors and gains training.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Dave: Yeah, I've had a look over your roster out of curiosity. I don't know much yet, but I'd trade my tire fire any day. Hopefully one of these days I'll face you.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@quanin, promotion structure is fixed, from VI.11 you'll promote to V.6 then IV.3 then III.2. Dave in VI.30 will go to V.15, then IV.8, then III.4. The only way your two teams would ever meet is if one or both of you make it to Legends, as that is the only league where you could go down the other half of the league structure from.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So cup seating is based on your half of the league structure as well, then? Interesting.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cup would be the only way before Legends. Legends is my goal, so I will look forward to either way. This season, for instance, I will be facing Carcharoth and one or two other forum regulars for the first time.
TOTONOAM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Guys,
Some one suggested me to make this one:
http://brokenbat.org/player/123860

Smt else than B1.
I thought about B3,
make the "strange player" - http://brokenbat.org/player/103825
2B,
and in the 1B i have a good other player.

Do you think I can train them in those positions? I don't know exactly how the trainings in the minors with choosing the position... will it lower the players skill training?
Can Jeffries be a 2B in his position?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@quanin, no, cup seeding is totally random. I meant in league play in my last post.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Totonoam: That player would need a positive fielding scouting report for 3rd base in my opinion, but with that arm, it is a maybe. I would try him in RF with that arm, but his range is a little low. Maybe you could try 3B and see how his fielding develops. Training a player at a new position will not affect his skill development. I asked that question in a forum post once and Steve himself responded and said that it does not have an effect.

It will cause more errors on his minor league stats which don't matter anyways.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Galvan would make a good Catcher too. The question is whether or not you'll have enough time in the minors to train him. Just pick one (3B, OF, C) and set him to train. He should keep his 1B, so you can still always play him there if it doesn't pan out. That fact that he hits Lefty gives him a little extra value at 3B or C since those are positions that need to field Righty. Its easy to get a left handed RF.

Because Jeffries throws Lefty, he will take a penalty playing 3B. It would be wise to train him at either OF or 1B. He could be good at either 1B or RF.

Previous Page | Show All |