Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Rotation Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
If you've seen the Indians or almost any MLB team with a solid ace in their starting rotation, the team lets the ace go every four games. For example, the pattern would go something like 1-2-3-4-1-5-2-3-1-4-5-2-1-3-4-5... Is there any way to mimic this in Broken Bat?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Braves have never done that, and I would claim that they have had some "solid ace"s in the past decade. Provide more examples beyond the Indians of teams that do it. Sounds like a new rotation concept to me.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Fairly certain the Jays used to do that with Roy Halladay back in his prime. Could be mistaken tho. Was a few years ago. Memory isn't what it once was.

I see it as a variation on 4.5 man rotation. You use it when you have some obvious heavy weights and light weights in the rotation. Keep your Clydesdales on regular rest. Use your 5th starter when you have to.

I did that to an extent with my ace Hardy this season. I don't pursue the cup. If his start came up during a cup series, I bumped him back to the first start after the series (which, in effect, was bumping up his league start). A few times I moved him forward when he fully rested and I didn't like a pitching match-up.

The is no way to automate this in BB. If you want to do this, you will have to log in every day and manually adjust the roles.

Could also try the 4.5 man rotation. I have no experience with it. Not sure it would mesh with a team's schedule all that well, and it wouldn't quite accomplish what you want.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page