Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Rotation Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Are you saying that Cleveland is doing that this year? With Corey Kluber?

Last season, Kluber had 34 starts which was significantly more than any of the other pitchers (next highest was Trevor Bauer with 26 starts). However 34 starts is roughly every 5th outing, 162 / 5 = 32.4.

The short answer is there is not a way to do this automatically right now.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Often teams with solid aces would let them go every 5 days to keep them on regular rest, which would be every 4 games every time there was an off day, but in weeks without off days it would be every 5 games. Thus it was about days more than games, maybe some AL teams have let a starter go every 4 games, but I highly doubt it as their innings pitched over the course of a full season would probably be in high 200s or even over 300 if they consistently went 7+ innings. No way to sim that in the game, as Seca said, you just have to rearrange the rotation daily, which really doesn't seem like an undue hardship as it would take less than 2 minutes per day and would give a reason to log daily.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Where's the love for the casual player? Sometimes people say "we can't do that because it hurts the casual player." Other times, a response is "log in daily and deal with it." Which is it?

When I joined I thought what the original post described was the 4 1/2 man rotation here. Shortly thereafter I found out that wasn't the case. I think it would be nice to add this as an option, possibly named something like Ace + 4. It could also be Horse + 4, but that sounds bad, so I'd go with the other.

There are at least three reasons to use the rotation mentioned.
1. You have a clear ace and want him to start every four games.
2. You have a super stamina guy and aren't worried about his arm coming off.
3. You have a developing starting pitcher that you want to get as many starts as possible.

dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That tactic is not a casual player tactic. If some sort of management option became available way to many people would use it and their pitchers would get destroyed because they have a starter with 8 Stam pitching every 3rd or 4th game on a 150 pitch limit. This tactic is not a normal baseball tactic. If you want to run it than you should be able to, but every single person on an average day can take 2 minutes to readjust their lineup and bump their starters forward, If they so choose.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Curious arguments against it above...

Don't add it as an option because people would use it?

Saying it's a bad thing because it would wear out the arm of the pitcher when a 4 man rotation is already an option. It's okay to abuse four pitchers, but not one?

Regarding the not-a-normal-tactic thing, I can't remember any MLB team using the 4.5 man rotation that's available here for any extended period of time. The only steady use of 6-man I know of was the 32 Yankees; the 15 Mets look like they're going to add their name to that list.

Updated Tuesday, June 2 2015 @ 11:15:52 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm confused on exactly how this mechanism would work? Teams would have to designated their SP1 as their ace and he would get preference over the other 4 starting pitchers after the 5th day?

Steve
MoLester

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The idea is that the ace would start every 5th day. Basically, IRL, a manager would get the schedule for the whole season and he would pen the guy as a starter on a 4 day rest every time. Only after that he would fill in the other starters.

I think a lot of managers do this in Broken Bat manually, I don't think it needs to be upgraded to automatic. Because then, people would ask for a two ace rotation. The fact is most MLB teams have 2 or 3 guys that they want to get as many starts as possible.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's a pretty rare strategy honestly.

If you care not about a more casual player's ability to play the game, why not just allow people to choose which pitching slot has the spot next to it at any given point. Takes away the need to develop a method for feeding the quirky strategies out there. It's not like i can't just decide to move my Ace to the 5th spot as i please or w/e i want him to be for the short rest as it is now anyways.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why not just make an option for the highest rated 100% fit starter to be used?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd have to agree that I'd much rather see the option to freely change the slot of the next scheduled starter than this. Why shuffle your rotation when you can just change it from SP5 back to SP1 when you wanna skip?

Previous Page | Show All |