Help

Forum >> Help >> Run Differential   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team has had a habit of winning by no more than 3 runs, but losing by 4 to 14 runs. As such despite being a game above .500 I have a -61 run differential. Is there anything I can do to improve my play in the losses, and maybe win by 5 or more for a second time this season? Or is it a by-product of my re-building ongoing?
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
If you're losing a lot of blowouts, you might try and look specifically at what factors are causing those. Do you have some really weak bullpen pitchers? Are a couple of starters just awful? If you have some weak links in your staff, it could be what's costing you those big losses.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes and no, my problem is it seems like in some games everyone falls apart at once. Most of the time the majority of my staff does ok, but these outlier games just happen too often for my liking (probably every 10 games or so every pitcher that goes in gives up multiple runs). I know blowouts happen, but I have only blown out the opponents once this year to them blowing me out at least 8-10 times (blowout in this case meaning 8+ run differential).
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I see what you're saying. While I don't think you're getting blown out all that often, it does look like multiple player collapse every time. You might check your pitching management settings. Do you need to put your relievers on a lower hook? A lower hook means they come out sooner.

Also, you could consider hiring a new manager. Your current guy has a patience of 5, which means he's going to tend to leave pitchers in a long time. It seems he's leaving them in too long for your taste.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page