Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft time issues   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys. I live in Australia and have been playing Broken Bat for years now. I have always struggled to get high potential players as the draft opens in the middle of the night here. I can’t stay awake so by the time I wake up, the best players are all gone. Round 1 draft is always so disappointing for me. I don’t think I have had a 14+ potential draftee in the last 3 seasons. Am I just unlucky or does anyone else have this issue? I just had a look at the top ranked teams first round picks this season and 4 out of 5 had 14 pot, one had a 15 pot. How can this be fair as we can’t all be sitting hitting refresh on the draft page at 2am. Please give me some tips! My team is heading back down from Div2 and won’t be going back up any time soon with the minors I have now.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Considering that in 2 of the last 3 years I feel like I got a better second round player than first round player I think you are suffering from some bad draft luck. My luck seemed poor to me for a spell and then I shifted to drafting from the high school pool more often and I think my choices (luck?) improved. When I used to focus on certain positions I needed my pools just didn't seem so good. It's probably just bad random luck for you that will even out over the course of some seasons.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think a lot of the top teams tend to actively build through waivers, though. Good draft luck can definitely make an impact, but I don't think it's a good strategy to try to rely upon good draft luck even if you draft first every round.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I would say it is mostly luck. True, every good player that is removed is one less good player you can find, but there are certainly still good players around in the back half of the 1st round.

You can help mitigate the delay by avoiding the smaller pools (International, Asian).

But if you really think its a big deal get/stay up. The draft usually goes live ~9 AM Eastern time which is 11PM in Canberra. One Friday night every 3 months.
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I live in Australia and have been playing Broken Bat for years now.

Me too! Nice to see another one of us on here :)

I actually really like how the time lines up for us here. Check the games in the morning, waivers after work, then draft/training Friday night. I find it’s easier to stay up for the draft around this time of year, but harder in summer when the clocks change. I think the draft opened around 11:15pm here the last couple of weeks, and I was up at the time so drafted on the night. I used to stay up pretty religiously and get in as soon as the draft opened, but have been online much less recently. I think the draft tends to open a little later each week as the season progresses, so the past few seasons I’ve stayed up for Rounds 1-2 and then not bothered with the rest. I do think it mostly comes down to luck though. I made one of my best picks ever after waiting until Sat morning (hence his nickname).

Updated Saturday, May 28 2022 @ 5:44:16 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually draft right away on Friday and I usually get garbage. So there certainly is no guarantee you'll get someone good drafting right when the players release.
Gambler75

Brockton Bombers
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/235447

Best pick I've ever gotten, and will ever get ... was a 3rd round guy, picked on a Saturday. It's 100% a crap shoot. :)

Previous Page | Show All |