Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injury "Prone" Players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You have probably just been unlucky with this guy but be aware that over-pitching your pitcher can result in injuries (see below)

From the rule book:

Any player that plays in a game can experience an injury. Playing some positions will result in more injuries than others and duration of injuries maybe varying between 1 day to 35 days.

See Steve's (admin) response to a previous thread on injuries http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/3/710

Injuries are influenced by the amount of playing time and position played (i.e. DH less likely to get injured).

Also, with pitchers, if you over-pitch them, their injury rate will climb.

Playing a non-pitcher everyday doesn't increase his injury rate.

However, injuries exist so that clubs are built in a well balanced manner. You should expect your backups to play 10-20 games a year because of shot-term injuries to your starters. More if the starter has an extended injury.

Hope this helps
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't mean to make it seem like I was asking for help, Hahahahaha. I was just making a general statement/asking a question more as an inquiry to other "owners."

But yes, it is just rotten luck. It's a pitcher that I don't pitch during spring training but he always manages to get a heavy injury after his first regular season game pitched.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Are you talking about Jesus Guerrero?

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, Steve, Jesus is exactly who I am referring to.
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, Steve, Jesus is exactly who I am referring to.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think his injuries are mostly bad luck.

Steve
Eastern

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This player is young and he has had 2 injuries ever since I signed him and I play him in the bullpen. Why do his injuries happen? Here is the player:http://brokenbat.org/player/47294
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
He has 8 stamina, maybe 8 stamina is too low for him, but i do have a 9 stamina pitcher who seems fine. it may also be the experience level. He has only played in 6 games. Maybe he needs a little more playing time to get a hang of it. Sometimes it happens, just gotta deal with it
Eastern

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks.
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a minor league pitcher that I play during Spring Training and this the second Spring Training injury he has had since I have drafted him. He is 20 and in A. Are his injuries bad luck or what?
Here is the player:http://brokenbat.org/player/76897

Updated Wednesday, December 18 2013 @ 2:59:55 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |