Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2046 Season Goals...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
What a great mindset and post. Just became a fan of the Cedar Park Raiders. :)

It’s not going to be the Dinos season. But we feel like we are close. Goal is to nestle in somewhere between 2 and 4 and maybe take our shot next season.
Bezerkley

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What a good idea!

This being my first year, my goals are to get a long term SS (I don't think Thurman or Furman are it), build the lower levels of the minors especially pitching, trim the fat (I'm brand new, so can't trim it all yet due to cut restrictions), and learn some more nuances of the game. Finding long term pieces at other positions would be a bonus, but I feel I could have a few already. I honestly don't want to promote this season, but I do like the press releases and want to have a good story to tell to look back on. So getting some vets to keep the team competitive, but not win the league is fine by me. Salvador from Rock777's Haverhill team seems to be working out.

The forum and some mentors have been a big help already! Thank you!

EDIT again: and sorry to hijack the thread! Good luck to all!

Updated Tuesday, June 30 2020 @ 6:25:35 pm PDT
Coolhand

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to win the league, and get the youth some experience. I imagine the playing time for the youngsters will be less than I'd like.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I expect Salvador will be a killer in LL-VI. I wasn't originally planning to cut him, but I needed to make room for new blood and I felt his 2045 was a bit of an anomaly for him. At LL-III he was an average player. At LL-VI he could be a boss. With the fence at your park I would expect a base minimum .800 OPS, but probably much higher than that. Nice pickup off FA. I'd count him as a steal ;)
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I truly believe this is my year to finally break through LL V. I won some waiver claims, and have a decent position player group on paper, led by the reigning MVP. Hopefully I have enough batting depth.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
My season goal is to thwart CactusGuy's season goal stated above. But hey, I'd settle for staying in V.12.

Backup season goal is to have Chris "Mad Dog" Hopper, aka "The 'Ol Lefthander" aka "The Chuck Norris of Florissant" to have another killer year. He's 2-2 in quality starts this year folks!

PS. see how I went with the shotgun approach for setting season goals this year?!?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Minimal: Develop the recent call-ups.

Successful: Don’t demote.

Ambitious: Crack the Top 25 in ranking.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
This will be my first full season, having taken over the team with about 50 to play last year. I think we can get the club to finish above .500, although I'll need the pitching to really step it up. Optimistically I would like to compete for the division title, but that's probably a stretch. Other than that I need to really build up the minor leagues with a solid draft strategy.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@AssumedPseudonym - Not sure if you noticed, but your currently ranked 14.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Yep, I’ve noticed. Doesn’t count until it shows up in on the team’s History page.

And don’t think I don’t see what you’re trying to do, here. No, I’m not going to start going easy on you or the rest of III.1. ^.~

Previous Page | Show All |