Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Defensive Play that hasn't occurred despite   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
many opportunities, a bases loaded double play: infielder to catcher to first base.

It seems like once or twice a series a one or no-out bases loaded situation occurs....ground ball on the infield, runner out at the plate for just one out is the result...yet in real life, a double play sometimes gets turned by the catcher throwing out the batter runner at first base. Especially if the corners are up or the infield in playing in.

I've yet to see a double play in this situation, only single outs at the plate--i've got almost 2 seasons on experience now.

Anyone recall seeing Broken Bat yield a double play like i've describe?

Or is this an omission by the game engine?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, there is no code to execute that play currently.

Steve
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Or, could the elusive triple play be coded in, once in a blue moon?
Coolhand

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why or? Just go for it and ask for both!
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
i appreciate the effort made to create this game and keep it running so i understand at times some features are left out as those features contribution to realism is marginal

i guess there are a number of plays that have been left out: pickoffs, run-downs, outfield cutoffs, the hidden ball trick and player/manager ejections

yet, i really like playing this game!!

JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah, this falls in line with past comments about the details of the game as to why runners don't take the extra bag and go to third on hits to the outfield, and why they don't round third as often (a hit to the outfield is enough to score most speedy baserunners in real life, unless the OF are playing up).

I have no idea how the coding works for all these plays that are left out or only conservatively implemented.

While Broken Bat is a bit different when you get down to that level, it's a great simulator overall so I just follow Bear Grylls advice:
https://wompampsupport.azureedge.net/fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F023%2F987%2Fovercome.jpg

Previous Page | Show All |