Help

Forum >> Help >> search by Waiver Date   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also note, players are on waivers for varying periods of time. So new releases are not guaranteed to show up at the bottom. A guy released today may still show up at the top of the board. Sorting by claim date only shows when they will be processed, not when they hit the board (unfortunately). That is why it is completely useless as a sort option. If you use it to try and see new guys, you'll be missing a lot of players.

Updated Monday, December 26 2022 @ 5:32:26 pm PST
lmartins6746

Asheville Aces
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
yea I feel like and overall transaction page with releases and signings (like coaches) would help us all spend a lot less time looking for free agents.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that would remove a lot of the 1-2 claim guys that fall through the cracks because searching is a lot of work
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I doubt it. Most 1-2 claim guys are 1-2 claims because lots of folks saw them and didn't think they were worth it. I think making searching less of a drag only makes the game more enjoyable.

Being able to just search for guys clearing waivers today would be a HUGE QoL improvement.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Or to eliminate the guys who have not been on a roster in 3 seasons. Or to be able to put a player on an ignore list. As someone who has a very inclusive search, the volume to go through is exhausting.
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to agree that the player search tool is very time consuming and we would all benefit from some improvement.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like owners would like to filter out the stale players who have been working at Foot Locker for months/seasons and so on and have given up on baseball. And that makes sense.

But I've seen players still gain SI at 31 years old and even onwards. Some do. Coach them up.

The high SI veteran players that get cut and released seem to be available for a minimum of 4 days. The high POT minor league prospects, I can't remember at the moment to say. Not talking about the winter. Just in general.

The random time of waivers is not a bug, it is a feature! It doesn't often penalize inactive owners. Players on waivers with low SI sometimes get a waiver time of the minimum one day, and that can reward an active owner to have less competition from other ballclubs. The SI can be in important places on the player card for a particular build that an owner is searching for. I don't know for sure, but it could be a carry over from Hattrick that there is a random time on waivers.

I am unsure what else is being asked to be filtered by owners in the Free Agent search other than star and cy young and gold glove icons.

Feels like owners don't like seeing a player more than twice, is what is going on... times one thousand. It is fatigue.

You put in the effort, you can find some roster refreshes out there when you dial in all of the drop down lists. Some of my 8 and 9 POT draft picks have shown up on joke team rosters and extreme defense minded rosters, so you never know what goes on what and when people search.

The how of the search, again, what more are you asking for other than possibly a "hide this ballplayer forever" button... which does exist in Hardwood.
lmartins6746

Asheville Aces
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't speak for everyone, but I just want to see what is new on the waiver wire (since the last time I looked at players). I certainly don't remember every player (or any really) I looked at previously.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't care about the stale players. I'm in the same boat as lmartins.

If I look at 200 players on Monday, I don't want to have look at 150 or those guys again on Tuesday, and then 100 of those guys again on Wednesday.

There are two ways to do that.

1) Show just players added since time X

2) Show just players who are clearing waivers today

I've always suggested #2 because I assumed it would be a quick and easy fix. #2 would mean I would just look at players clearing today each day, and save the other for tomorrow.

#1 is more like what lmartins was suggesting. That would also be great, I just don't know if "when added" is stored in the DB. I know for sure that the "when clearing" is in there (easy filter).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A hide this player forever button is overkill. And really not as handy, because team needs can change from year to year. Just because I don't need a 3B this year doesn't mean I won't need one next season. But if I didn't want him when I evaluated him on Monday, I probably still don't want him when I re-evaluated him on Tuesday and then re-evaluated him on Wednesday. I just don't want to be evaluating the guy 3 days in a row (because like lmartins I can't remember the exact name of each of the 200 guys I evaluated on Monday).

Previous Page | Show All |