Help

Forum >> Help >> Repertoire   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Is the pitch repertoire just cosmetic?

I remember few years ago some1 in the forum suggested that they are there just for nothing and has nothing to do with the game play?

Do they correlate with the skill set?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe some folks found that the order of the repertoire could provide a hint to skill set. Fastball is always first, but if the second pitch is a Change-up and the third is a Curveball for instance, it probably indicates that the pitcher has higher CoS than Movement.
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
This is totally unfounded, but ive been testing the theory that pitchers with more pitches are more likely to do better in long innings (the whole, every time a batter sees the same pitch from the same player in a game the better they recognize it.)
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally believe that pitchers perform better when they have more pitches, compared to a person of similar build and SI. It seems to be the case with my guys, anyways.
Gooples

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've found myself looking at pitch repertoire more recently, in tandem with their SI skill set. Someone with a "slider will be exceptional" tells me the movement will be great, but if they also throw a curveball or knuckle-curve, for example, then I can expect he'll have 2/2+ pitches with great movement. It's not the end all be all, but something to take note of.

Adversely, someone with a crazy fastball scouting report that only throw a fastball and change-up would look dicey to me.
hockeytrb99

Sandusky Warriors
VI.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I use to have a starter with only 2 pitches and I remember he would get shelled all the time. Now I have a reliver with 2 pitches and he does ok. Maybe the repertoire matter more when a pitcher throws more pitches in a game.
http://brokenbat.org/player/240848
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely, hockey. The fewer pitches a low-repertoire guy throws, the better he most likely does, definitely should put those guys at reliever.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
re: 2 pitch relievers

that is just like real life--a short stint relief pitcher can get by on just two good pitches...meanwhile, a starter usually needs a few pitches he can get over with one or two nasties as an out pitch

Previous Page | Show All |