Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitcher Engery/Fatigue Bars?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What data is being reported?

There are 10 boxes in a pitcher's enery/fatigue bar. Does each box represent a fixed number of pitches thrown?

Best I can tell, by comparing pitches made in most recent game to boxes remaining, each box is 10 pitches made rounded to the nearest 10. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with pitcher remaining energy or stamina.

most recent spring game of mine: Blackburn (10 stamina) threw 80 pitches, 8 boxes empty after the game; Heath (9 stamina) threw 23 pitches, 2 boxes empty, Kidwell (5 stamina) 35 pitches, 3 boxes empty.

Updated Monday, June 22 2020 @ 3:18:14 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It sounds like you have your own answer. It represents how fatigued they are (how well they will perform if you pitched them right away), and you have identified how post game fatigue is calculated.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Ken squared, don't forget to look at the weather forecast as well when it comes to arms.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Weather definitely impacts in-game fatigue (stamina), but does it impact recovery time as well?
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
i am trying to find a pattern/formula of energy use/fatigue for pitchers.

the results observed indicates the energy meters may have a linear relationship based on pitch count, and thus the meters do not indicate how much energy (throws) the pitcher had left to reach full fatigue.

alternatively, if the energy meters report how reserve the pitcher has left, then to fit the results observed, the energy used by a pitcher will not be the same for each throw: that is, as the pitch count rises, each pitch will consume a greater amount of energy than the pitch before (progression in rate of fatigue change)

i take it these thoughts are stuff not discussed/broached previously?

Updated Monday, June 22 2020 @ 9:32:48 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't believe they have been discussed in much detail.

I actually think Recover and Game-fatigue are two different things.

Pitcher fatigue in game based on their stamina values. As they fatigue, their performance goes down. I believe that a pitcher pitching without full rest will start out further along the fatigue spectrum, but I don't know by how much.

After playing a game, it takes some time for a pitcher to become fully rested (recovered). It sounds like you discovered this is based on their total pitch count and possibly not connected to their in-game fatigue at all.

I don't have any issue with Fatigue and Recovery being unrelated as they probably aren't in real life either. Some guys can go longer, some guys need more rest between games, and its not necessarily a linear correlation. I'm also not surprised if Steve decided to abstract out an individualized Recovery values and use the same value for all pitchers instead. It seems like a reasonable design decision if that is the case.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, again you provide a thoughtful answer, thank you :)

Previous Page | Show All |