Help

Forum >> Help >> Precipitous Drop in "Fan Mood"   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
The Murfreesboro team hasn't had a losing season since 2026. I took over in 2035. I created a press release that year to commemorate our (momentarily) best "Fan Mood" in the game, something like 150+. Since that time, Murfreesboro was promoted to League V. The team won 94 games and stayed in 1st place literally all 2036, then they were promoted again. We went 7 amazing rounds in the Cup competition.

Inexplicably, I suddenly seem to have a Fan Mood around 89. We went 9-11 for October of last year, but were in first place the whole time, playing rookies. We lost our league championship series 0-4. Is that the only explanation?

Are the fans really that unforgiving? Why would the team get a sub-par, below average Fan Mood rating after being promoted twice in a row and making a great cup run? What exactly do these people want and how do I give it to them? What is there to be upset about? Am I missing something?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your hunch is correct. Losing a playoff series 4-0 destroys your fan mood. I suffered the same thing in 2035. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm sure the idea is to boost the winner, which makes sense. The problem is it is extremely unrealistic in making the loser pay an ungodly price. In my opinion, it would be improved to simply give the playoff teams a boost and the relegated teams a drop. Each level would have their own points awarded/deducted. For example, The Legend winner might get a Fan Mood bump up of 20 with the runner-up getting 10. The four relegated teams would have their Fan Mood take a hit of 7.5 (or they could be split to 9 and 6 for last and next-to-last).
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Brutal.

Another disturbing data point: Three of the four teams relegated from my league last year all have a "Fan Mood" currently equal to or higher than mine (Pirates - 90, Beavers - 89, Crusaders - 90). That can't be working as intended.

I feel like this counts as a bug in the code. Unappreciative fans hurt.

Previous Page | Show All |