Help

Forum >> Help >> Is He Ruined   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a pitcher that was on the team when I got it ID #102573 whose name is Marco Baca. Whoever had this team before me played him in the Majors way before it was time. I was really excited about him, but he hasn't reached his potential and has not leveled up in the last 4 training updates. He was leveling up about 15-17 points a year. I'm afraid someone ruined this guy before I got the team.
I have had him in the minors most of the season, but have him in the majors now for September call-ups since he's 24. He was leveling up in SI fine until I moved him back to the minors, so that's another reason I brought him up in September(gametime).
Another thing I'm thinking is that since he is just 8 points away from reaching the low end of his POT maybe he is just slowing down, because I have noticed players will do that at times.
Just need some input because I don't want to waste my time on a pitcher that is ruined. Especially since he throws a changeup and has low CoS.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He would gain the most being down in minors still. At least before the friday update. He might still max out, but given what his report says and with his available points he has to gain I wouldn't expect his cos to go up be 1 or 2 points, if any.

That said, he isn't horrible and he will be a contributer on your team. A lot of your pitching is aging and others aren't very good. He isn't ideal, but pitching is hard to get. Don't get rid of him. Keep playing him next year.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'd throw him down for the last update. Might even leave him down for a couple updates next season. Definitely play him out of the minors during spring training.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you all are right. I'll move him down when the regular season is over and keep him there until 2025 regular season. Maybe that will help him. I hope. I need this guy next year. Probably as a starter. Looking to the future I have some good pitchers in the minors so I'm trying to kinda hold onto what I got. My team is apparently a small market team with not a lot of funds so I have to be careful trying to pick up high dollar waiver claims. Which that works out because a championship team will only come from a good minor league system.(That's my opinion anyway.)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The good thing is that he hasn't yet gotten the "doesn't have too much room for improvement" message yet. But it could happen at any point. Any training you can get him in the minors will help stave off that dreaded message for a bit longer. he might not max out, but he can still be a decent pitcher for you.

Given your safe position in the league (no way to promote, no way to demote) I'd just drop him down now.

Updated Sunday, November 1 2015 @ 6:55:07 pm PST
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Good Idea. I'll send him on down. Only got three games left anyway. And yeah....I don't want that dreaded "he has not much room for improvement", or whatever the wording is.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball

Good Idea. I'll send him on down. Only got three games left anyway. And yeah....I don't want that dreaded "he has not much room for improvement", or whatever the wording is.

Exact wording is "He doesn't have too much room for improvement" ... although "NMRI" or "nimrod" should get the point across.

Just don't go too crazy chasing a point or 2 once he's close.
I could have lost my chance for promotion if I hadn't stopped chasing Lorenzo's last point or 2 when I did.

PS. Everythings Ruined (Official Music Video)

Previous Page | Show All |