Help

Forum >> Help >> Minimum Energy Required to Start   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just curious how much energy a pitcher needs to start a game. I noticed that this most recent time through the rotation, every starter is getting skipped because I guess the energy is too low on all of them. I'm just swapping SS to a fresh pitcher each game now to be on the safe side, but it would be nice to know when to expect this need. The first time it happened, the game started a random unassigned pitcher.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure of the answer to your specific question.

But it's worth noting that the spring training schedule is brutal for pitching staffs. There is no reason not to have a 6 man rotation for spring. And even then, as far as rest goes, it's equivalent to a four man rotation with no days off. So pitchers will start with less than full rest. I don't mind the tradeoff as my team gets an extra 10 games of experience, which is not only entertaining but of some value in player growth.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I use 6-Man in spring (give your rookies some innings), but with a 5-Man in the regular season I have starters with as little as 12 stamina.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From watching what it's been doing, I'm mostly certain that 7/10 will be skipped but 9/10 should still be good to start. I'm going to observe what it does for 8/10 in the upcoming sim since that's where my next SP is now.

Also now that I think about it... weren't previous springs less games and more spread out? I don't remember the 2 games in a day thing before so running 6-man wasn't as essential.

Updated Thursday, September 3 2015 @ 2:02:10 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This is the second season with a 30 game spring training schedule
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
75% for a Starting Pitcher

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes I just figured this out since 8/10 started and 7/10 was skipped. Thanks for the confirmation though!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry Li. I misunderstood your question. Thanks for the info Steve.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I use a 5 man rotation with starters set to 75/++/7. No missed starts and only once has a starter gone 9 with no relief (145 pitches). That was after back to back 13 inning games.

No spot starter or closer on my spring staff. Seven relievers all set to 30/++/2.

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Good to hear the 75% thing.

One time I was trying to un-assign an injured pitcher, and accidentally hit the "restore to defaults" button ... just as my game sim was firing. The restore placed the pitcher who had started the previous game in slot 1 and he started back to back games. Curious why he wasn't skipped. He wasn't anywhere near 75%.

Previous Page | Show All |