Help

Forum >> Help >> League v Cup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
elonpuckhog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm 12-4 in the cup and in first place in my group. I'm 9-17 in the league and in last place in the league (to 5 bots!) Why is there such a difference between the two comps? I would think it would be the other way around. Its not like I switch lineups very often. I don't understand...
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm... it does seem strange you're struggling in your division.

Some people might not take the cup as serious maybe because they're saving their good pitchers for division play or they're using it to test players without harming stat lines or such. I think it's a good thing you're doing well in cup because it helps fan mood a little more plus a boost in your ranking.

As for the division, you got a solid group of guys. Just add a few quality pitchers and maybe a guy with good plate discipline and let your guys heat up a little more and you'll be good to go. Still got lots of games to play. Takes awhile for things to click. But keep at it and you'll be golden soon enough. Good luck.

Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Besides the quality of competition, sample sizes are still a bit small at this point of the season.

My records before today's series/spanking:

League: 22-9, 8.5 RS - 3.4 RA, 3.07 ERA, .321 BA, .924 OPS

Cup: 6-10, 4.6 RS - 5.0 RA, 4.92 ERA, .274 BA, .768 OPS

My last 4 cup games tomorrow are against the one team in my group that significantly out-rates me.

Seriously considering calling up some minor leaguers and/or cutting some fringe prospects for crap free agenets for tomorrow to cut the risk of injuries being added to insult
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not 100% related, but do two teams or one team a group advance in the cup?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
a total of 256 teams will advance to the knock-out stage. The winner of each group will automatically advance to the knock-out stage and then the at-large teams will be selected by record and run differential to fill out the rest of the bracket
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
my team does better in cup too. I haven't won a single series yet in league

Previous Page | Show All |