Help

Forum >> Help >> Noob first thoughts   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok so I took the advice of everyone for the most part.

We changed our name to College Station Killer Bees are are ready to wreak havoc on the division.

The team was gutted of expensive vets and then rebuild via free agents and waivers to the point that I think we can compete in our division (V.7)

The minor league system was completely revamped and almost all 20 players are very good potential (a couple of goods that are older and almost ready to promote) and 15/20 of them are 13 pot and up..the rest are 12.
Will work on it from there with draft picks.

The real goal is long term dominance (gonna dream, dream big right?) so I want to build from the minor team for the most part. I'm playing Spring ball with 90 percent minor league guys (the best prospects). Correct move?

Anyhow..if anyone can give me some magic advice on the following i'd appreciate it.

New questions RE: players

1. I have a 24 year old pitcher with 15 pot. My best prospect. He has 80 SI in AAA. He is playing in spring training...then should I move him up right away or is it smarter to actually wait for the "message" (cant learn much more at this level).

2.I have multiple 13 pot. guys that are approx. 20-22 years of age and approx. 50 SI. They are scattered between rookie ball and AA ball. Most have been cast offs of other teams.
Does anyone have experience with these types of players?? (low SI with very good pot)Will they "make it"? Will a few likely make it to maxish potential and a few others not make it?? Or am I completely wasting my time?

To this point I have nobody better anyway so I intend to keep them and find out.

Thanks again guys!!

Cheers.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
1. I have a 24 year old pitcher with 15 pot. My best prospect. He has 80 SI in AAA. He is playing in spring training...then should I move him up right away or is it smarter to actually wait for the "message" (cant learn much more at this level).

You will get some different opinions on this. Personally, I would wait a bit longer. But he's close - either is probably fine.

2.I have multiple 13 pot. guys that are approx. 20-22 years of age and approx. 50 SI. They are scattered between rookie ball and AA ball. Most have been cast offs of other teams.
Does anyone have experience with these types of players?? (low SI with very good pot)Will they "make it"? Will a few likely make it to maxish potential and a few others not make it?? Or am I completely wasting my time?

Depends. Pitcher? Position player? Is that 50 SI all in speed / defensive skills? Hard to say without specifics.

Salinas, for eg., is a little behind. Would consider him a bit of a long-shot.
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Call him up when there are 5 games per day.

Career minor leaguers who ren't on pace to get the AAA recomendation by age 25 won't reach their full potential.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok thx guys!
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Couple more if anyone has time :-)

If I have 13 /13 pitchers on majors roster but 49/50 overall, can I still claim a pitcher off waivers??

Would you personally prefer a "good potential" player with 13 potential or a "very good" potential player with 12 potential?
Toss up? Either may or may not develop big numbers?

thx for your opinions!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I've pulled that same move off myself, but I can't remember the exact details of how it went. Pretty sure you can as long as you have a roster spot. If I recall correctly, he will end up in AAA if you claim him. You'd have to cut or move somebody down from your major league roster to move him up.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The potential bar seems to be more accurate long term than the messages to answer your other question.
mytton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I have experienced this recently. If your majors are full but you have a roster spot available then a new waiver claim will be slotted into your minors and you can adjust from there.
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Would you personally prefer a "good potential" player with 13 potential or a "very good" potential player with 12 potential?

Very Good 12 vs Good 12 will produce more effective pitching skills for pitchers, and more effective offensive skills in position players.

VG 12 v G 13 is likely to be the same answer.

Updated Saturday, January 31 2015 @ 9:04:26 am PST

Updated Saturday, January 31 2015 @ 9:05:12 am PST
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Perfect...thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |