Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Are these guys bad?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
All of my hitters fell apart after my promotion, but these guys are the most confusing to me. I can't figure out why these guys are hitting so bad...

Cruz Gonzalez
Tyrone Randolph
Will Ayers
Peter Kennedy

A lot of those guys played better ball when the team was in IV.5 three seasons ago. Now that they are in their prime they are totally bombing?

Updated Monday, May 4 2015 @ 12:06:45 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to the randomness of the game sims, guys who should by all stats and skills accounts do well sometimes just stink it up. This is the sort of stuff that irks me from time to time then I tell myself that over the course of 100 seasons a well managed team should actually do better than a poorly managed one.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Is defense crazy good in your league? Almost every guy is like 70 points low on babip. Too much of a coincidence to blame on ramdom. Maybe big ballparks with crazy flyball pitchers and great range for outfielders.

Updated Monday, May 4 2015 @ 2:50:22 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The East (where I am) is definitely a pitchers league, but defense is pretty bad. I'm actually leading the league with the best FP at .980.

What I really don't get is that half of my batters are doing decent against the same handedness, but totally stinking it up against the opposite handed pitchers... At this point in the season I've started reverse platooning half my hitters... Just seems like lady luck really hates my hitters this season :(
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Is defense crazy good in your league? Almost every guy is like 70 points low on babip. Too much of a coincidence to blame on ramdom.

Same as Rock, defense in my league stinks. Think you're reading too much into things garf.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm also a bit confused by Gonzalez's CS%. It basically got cut in half after I took over the team. I kind of expected it to get better when I got promoted, but its more stinky than ever... I guess he took it really bad when the previous GM left...
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
defense in our league is good for 2 of of us teams newtman.anything above .980 for a team is good,anything above .990 is excellent.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was referring to the skills, not the current fielding percentage. Though I went back and looked through the rosters again and the average defense in our league is much better than I remembered. I think our division averages around a 14-15 range with pretty good fielding and arms where needed across all positions among the 5 active owners.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I looked at range of all of the outfielders in your league. None of the cfers have below 16. That's pretty good. Even most of the corners were 13 or better. Fielding percentage has nothing to do with your player's BABIP. in fact a low fielding percentage would decrease your team BABIP. Range factor would be what you should look at to see if defense is good (especially in the outfield).

I'm not reading too much into it.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh and you certainly could have bad luck on top of the good defense which is compounding the issue.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Assuming your talking about Newtman's league. Most of the outfielders in my league are far below 16.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Every single CF in you division is 16 or better. Not sure what lineups you are looking at.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, specifically CF. That's not saying much. I thought you were saying OFs. Having 5 CFs with at least 16 range is pretty normal. Doubt that has much impact. Pretty sure the OFs in my last league looked the same. Pretty sure my BABIP just sucks because my guys are hitting very poorly.

Updated Tuesday, May 5 2015 @ 8:35:08 pm PDT
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
What I really don't get is that half of my batters are doing decent against the same handedness, but totally stinking it up against the opposite handed pitchers... At this point in the season I've started reverse platooning half my hitters... Just seems like lady luck really hates my hitters this season

Maybe your guys and my catcher are all drinking some funny water or something...hitting .273 against RHP, but against lefties he's so close to the Mendoza line they're practically exchanging love poems (.215)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know what you mean. I thought it was an anomaly in the beginning of the year, but half way through the year its just getting weird to have so many guys doing better on the wrong side of the plate. Really they are just doing super bad on the "right" side of the plate...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Find that curious. I started the season with 3 LHB in my vs. RHP pitching line-up. Down to 1 - this guy. Pretty hard trotting him out there every day. (He's not "opposite" - he's just terrible).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Utterly pathetic... Gonzales made it to the all-star game... with a .305 OBP and .395 SLG... Catchers must really suck in my league. I guess my rookie didn't have enough ABs. My rookie C who isn't developed and actually should be doing really bad has a .361 OBP with .542 SLG in 96 AB.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
All of your slash lines AVG/OBP/SLG are above your league average. Your four divisional opponents don't have an ERA above 3.6. If you want me to tell you your hitters are bad, I will not. Your pitching is, though. At least relative to your current league. But keep talking about random numbers, I'm sure that will help your team get better.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Which number are random? All of them. How do you talk about non-random numbers. All numbers in the game are random, so I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be...? No matter how you look at it, I can't say a guy hitting .220 is doing well.

I should have good hitters. My pitching is still meh. I'm fine with how my pitchers are doing. The batting is just ridiculous all around. I have two guys hitting normally. The rest are far underperforming.

Updated Thursday, May 7 2015 @ 7:20:41 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Everybody accept for Kennedy started doing better, so Kennedy got the boot. He hit .313 in LL-5 last year, so he might do ok for somebody in a different league.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice. :)

I refuse to believe this guy is a .170 11HR guy. Got an important series tonight, and he's coming off the bench and going to bat #3.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He does look like he should be doing better then .170, but he might just be one of those guys who continually disappoints... He wasn't super impressive in LL-5 and his K/BB ratio is surprisingly bad for someone with his Bat Control and Plate Discipline. On the plus side he's grown 6 SI this season, so maybe he is just a late bloomer. Good luck with him at the close of the season. Looks like you have some wiggle room to experiment a bit (jealous).
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. I'm not experimenting. There is no wiggle room. My 15 game lead has dropped to 5 in a week and a half. I'm desperately trying to win games, but each loss is more demoralizing than the last.

Quinones did alright. 1/4 in game 1 with a HR that looked like it might mean something, but didn't. 0/3 with 2Ks in game 3. 0.170 as advertised. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ouch! There was wiggle room before this last series...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is insane, I rearranged my lineup slightly and all of a sudden I am 13-1 in my last 14 and 16-2 in my last 18. No additions or drops, just moving Reyna or Canales into the #1 spot and dropping Carr down to #6 along with a couple more slight changes.

Note: The lineup now is actually almost exactly how it was when I started the season and vastly underperformed. Random for the win!
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Newt's heart of the order (vs right and left) is on fire!
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
wondered what you had done newt,you have taken off in the league
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did absolutely nothing, the game engine was just screwing me over at the start of the season, and now is screwing over all my divisional opponents. The reality is my team never was as bad as they were playing earlier, and isn't as good as they were playing in the 22-2 stretch either. I hope to finish the season around .600 which will put me in the hunt for the title.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Same as me. Sometimes you just have to be patient with lady luck...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Update on my Quinones. Decided to to give him one more opportunity. Thought - why not - let's bat him and his 0.170 lead-off.

11/25, 5HRs since being moved to the lead-off spot. :). May have played his way into our play-off series, and back into next season's picture.

Previous Page | Show Page |