Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Weaknesses   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It would be appreciated if I was told by other owners what are the weaknesses of my team. I've found some, but I can't quite figure out how to solve them.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My first thought is that Jeon and King need to switch positions, but it looks like you are already working on training Jeon in the OF and King has been training at C up until this year. I think King is hurting you in the OF with such a small range value. How big is your park?

Campos will never hit very well. And he is old. I would drop him. Osorio doesn't look very good, but somehow he is still doing decent. I would keep him over Campos. Although the weaker arm hurts. Seems like you should be able to find a better 3B somewhere...

Marquez seems to be one of those guys... Looks decent on paper, but he might never perform well... Certainly don't want to replace him with Montoya (purely backup), but might be worth looking for your next 2B.

Roy is performing really bad this year. I might put him on a watch list. If he is still performing poorly by the all-star break it might be time to move on from him.

McKinney and Simmons don't look real promising to me over the course of the year.

You also have a lot of underdeveloped young pitchers. You need to play them if you want them to get decent, but they will hurt your performance. Even with decent ERAs, notice the FIP on some of those guys. Munoz might be too old to really pan out. But you never know. McMahon should really still be down in the minors.

dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll check in a moment, but i'd like to mention first that range is a team wide skill. The range of a certain player is irrelevant. Range is taken over an entire team and averaged out, so to speak.

If Steve has said anything else about range that contradicts this than I have never seen it, but I have seen him say that.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Campos, montoya, osorio, and Owen are all pretty much useless. In my opinion you would be better off playing younger players You have, or searching for them.

Your pitching just seems unlucky. There is a few players in their twilight, but replacement of pitchers isn't exactly easy.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, this is my ballpark:

http://brokenbat.org/ballpark/650[/img]

Updated Thursday, July 9 2015 @ 5:16:57 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Your park doesn't look too big for your range. Dwindacatcher is partially correct about range in the fact that the RF range isn't looked at directly for range. However, the team range is weighted by position. RF is not going to be weighted as highly as CF or SS, but all of the OF ranges are going to have much more weight than 1B, 3B, C, and P. So generally you are going to want to play those guys with bad range at 1B, 3B, or C. Otherwise they will drag down the team range calculation. In some ways its worse, because his lower range will decrease the range for your plays at SS and CF, not just RF. He is probably no killing you given you have decent range elsewhere, but he will directly impact the range for every play on the field.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock is correct, although it is a team wide skill it is weighted by position. While Steve has not directly said so in the forums, the facts that (1) the guide (made by Steve) recommends high range at certain positions, and (2) several successful players have put together high ranges especially at the key positions, lead to a very high probability that Rock's assessment is correct.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page