Help

Forum >> Help >> Total rebuild   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys have ever rebuilt your teams and about how long does it take to overhaul a roster with primarily drafted talent.

I'm sure some of you guys have some success stories
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
This isn't quite the response you are looking for. My major rebuild was in 2018.

Tried to patch a sinking ship with veteran free agents at the start season, but took on water anyway. About 1/3 of the way through I blew it up.

I played youngsters everywhere but 3B. Had a green, green pitching staff. All but 2 of those players were acquired via waivers/free agency. (Acosta and Hardy were the only 2 players in my minors I deemed worth keeping when I took over, and they both came up that season).

This was before search by potential. Competition for players is much steeper now. The kind of rebuild I did would be very difficult in 2031.

Anyway, Dinos went on to lose 100 games in 2018. But the team improved a lot that season, and 2019 started an upward trend.
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a total rebuild when I first joined in season 2019. Granted I inherited decent talent, the team was a permanent resident in league VI. The key component to success is stockpiling the minors in such a way that you are churning out 2-3 players per season.

With this cushion, you'll have the luxury of missing on one of those players. Ideally a star talent will give you 10 seasons and a serviceable player anywhere from 5 to 7. Keep this in mind when filling your minors and planning for the future on positions.

Yes there is also strategy in selecting the optimal lineups and pitching assignments. However if the talent is available, this task becomes easier.

A key virtue in this game is patience, especially when rebuilding.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm on year 4.

The Frogs weren't bad but they were getting old fast and the minor leagues were pretty much depleted from bad luck and minimal picking.

Season 1 resulted in demotion. Season 2 flushed the older players, stocked up with a lot of new blood, and finished 2 games out of promotion. Season 3 was WHEEEEE.. played well, won the division, promoted to V and on my way!

Year 4 - First to worst. My pitching staff, which lead the VI league, is leading V the other way - right into a 0.233 record. I'm pretty sure demotion is all but certain 1/3rd of the way in.

Much like real baseball, this is a marathon, particularly if you're a bit unlucky or start with a bad team.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page