League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> II.1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Holmes' teams always gives us fits... I'm not sure if I want the challenge, or the possibility of promoting back to LL-2, LOL.

Haverhill went full rookie squad for the last 8 games, and they performed better than expected! I really don't like the look of any of the guys coming up in the system right now :( I keep getting stuck with spike ball hitters in the draft... Would make a much better volleyball team...
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes finding the right manager helped. I wasn't playing my scrubs Rock. I never do
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations and good luck in Legends to Sunnyvale and Bloomington. Condolences to the other teams demoting with me. Tyler was 38-42 at the All-Star break but then went 27-53 in the second half. It has convinced me to go full on youth movement next season in LLIII so I don't know how long it will take before I see the rest of you boys back up here in II.1. Good luck to everyone next season wherever you reside.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations to Sunnyvale on a historic season and to atomic, who will make his Legends debut in '62.

I don't think there is a question in this season's MVP race. It's Triple Crown winner Tony Sierra. He also led the league in runs, so Quadruple Crown?

Cy Young should be either Luis Rimerez or Johnnie Dockery, but Tommie Pagliarulo wouldn't surprise.

Some rookies I found interesting were Haverhill's James Christian and Queens Park's Sid Boswell.

Rookie pitchers who caught my eye are Overland Park's Jorge Ramires and Tyler's Kevin Rice.

Rookie races seem to be about number of AB's and IP, so who knows?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Lance Hill had better numbers than James Christian, but he might get punished for DHing most of the season.

Of course neither of them are even close to the numbers Cary Yan put up playing OF last season, and he didn't win ROTY...

Updated Wednesday, October 25 2023 @ 2:30:50 pm PDT
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My Acosta, who beat out Yan, certainly is never going to be the better hitter. I believe ROY is more about cumulative stats than performance. That's how a garbage hitter like Acosta can beat out Yan, who had the superior slash line. Acosta had 2-1/2 time the AB's to rack up "better" numbers.

I don't know how I missed Hill. He's my new favorite to win ROY.
atomic

Sunnyvale Rebels
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to Bloomington Thunder for winning the league! During the season we've had a 5-5 record and the first playoff games were quite close :)

Yeah, it was a historic season for the Rebels, especially remarkable due to the promotion to Legends after 11 real life years on BB! An incredible finish of 23-7, I could not believe myself. Before the season I was just hoping to be able to stay in this league...

In the end the Rebels scored the most runs and allowed the least runs in the West, the only team with a positive run differential, so I guess it's kinda fair to end up 1st in the division :)

Looking forward to see the top of the mountain, but I guess I won't keep up there for long. I wonder who will be back here with me in II.1 in 2063!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I think Acosta definitely got points for his defensive performance at SS. I'm just miffed Yan didn't get it given his incredible hitting stats ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like Private called it again. Hill and Christian both got a lot of votes for ROTY, but Hill came out on top.
Valmion

Port Arthur Pirates
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck to everyone this season.

Previous Page | Show All |