Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Bremerton Admirals 30th Anniversary Team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's been 30 years since I moved the team from Kennewick to Bremerton so I figure it's been enough time to get a full roster of some good players that I've found myself becoming fans of and getting attached to over the years. So here we go. A bit of a background on the team before we start. I personally am from Kitsap County in Washington State and I used to attend the collegiate summer league team that used to play in Bremerton. They were called the Blue Jackets. The original team name "Bremerton Yellow Jackets" payed homage to that. A few seasons later I decided it was time to come up with and find my own mascot and logo and to pay homage to the Naval presence and history of the area I changed the name to the Admirals.

Feel free to reply to this thread with your own "anniversary" team.

We'll start with the Starting Rotation

1. Ed "The Express" Medley 2032-2045
Ed Medley was a staff stalwart for about a dozen years. He accumulated 166 wins over 400 starts.

2. "Cha Cha" Cruz Castellonas 2019-2034
Cruz Castellonas was the pitcher I rooted for the hardest. A lefty that posted a 3.41 and 3.35 ERA in his age 21 and 22 seasons I had high hopes that he would continue that kind of success once he hit his peak. The next four seasons he would go on and post ERA's of 4.39, 5.17, 6.09, and 5.50 respectively. His career would reflect this kind of inconsistency. He did however perform at his best when we needed him to. In 2031 our team finally promoted to LLV for the first time in team history on the back of a 17 win 2.75 ERA performance that garnered him an All-Star bid. The only one of his career.

3. "Workhorse" Fernando Navarro 2034-2045
I didn't write much about Ed Medley because a lot of his story is intertwined with this guy. Medley was the first 14pot pitcher our franchise had drafted. Navarro was drafted three years later and for the most part overshadowed by Medley in many ways. He didn't have the pedigree or prestige that Medley had but in many ways he excelled past Medley. Navarro sped through the minor leagues and met Medley in AAA. They immediately became best friends. This friendship would be integral in helping the team reach LLIII for the only time in franchise history. They would end up both retiring after pitching one season in LLIII together. They would end up combining for over 4500IP and 300wins over this 12 year period. They would retire and currently hold the #1 and #2 spots for number of wins in franchise history and number #1 and #3 in quality starts. Fernando Navarro would end up beating Medley in one category. Career ERA. His 3.66 to Medley's 3.92

4. "Colt" Cain 2023-2033
I still remember getting Stanley Cain off of the waiver wire. The team was in an absolutely wrecked state and I was trying my best to turn things around. I was so excited when I was able to pick this guy up. He was passed over by six other teams before mine and man was he a gem for me. He ended up helping us promote to LLV for the first time and performed well enough to get to two All-Star games. He was a very consistent performer putting in one season in his career with an ERA no higher than a 4. He is still the starter with the lowest career ERA in team history retiring with a 3.53

5. Chris Beals 2041-2049
Chris Beals was the staff ace when we won consecutive league championships that led to our one and only season in LLIII. He ended up having a relatively short career ending one win shy of the 100 wins milestone. He always seemed to underperform his FIP. 4.35/3.57 He was a guy that never really hit his peak.

Honorable mentions

Omar "Gato" Galvan 2035-2043
He had a good career ERA and won a CYA as well as three AS appearances. He didn't his his peak either. He was a 14pot guy who only hit 111SI.

Carlton Andrews 2047-Present
The only active player that would be considered for this list. He's currently in his age 28 season. He's got 3AS appearances and won a LLIV CYA last year. He currently has a career 3.86ERA and 76 Career wins so far. He does not have a nickname yet. So any suggestions would be welcome!

That's it for the starters that were considered for the team. Up in the next post will be relievers!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Always appreciate some off-season forum content. Thanks for posting! Will look forward to other installments.

I was struck by the low-ish stamina on all these guys (save Workhorse). All had nice careers as starters anyway.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my next installment you'll see exactly how much I had to rely on my relievers in that era.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here are the seven players chosen for the bullpen on our 30th anniversary teamn.

1. Nate Swain 2039-2049 264 Saves 3.30ERA
Nate Swain was our closer for eight seasons. He had some massive shoes to fill after our all time saves leader retired. But he did admirably, accumulating 264 saves over the course of his career. He's currently 2nd on our all time saves list. That record may soon be broken by someone else on this team.

2. Bernardo Luna 2040-2050 3.74ERA
The flame-throwing lefty was a sight to see during a great 6 year run between 2043-2048. Fans would come out in droves to see him try to hit 100mph. He never quite hit his potential unfortunately. It would have been an awesome sight to see if he did.

3. J.C. Southard 2037-2051 734 Appearances 1465IP
The sturdy southpaw flirted with the starting rotation early on in his career. Management thought he would have served a greater purpose in the bullpen. They were right. JC was the workhorse in a bullpen that anchored the team to their first and only LLIII appearance. He was the "anytime, anyplace, any situation" guy. Extremely reliable but at the same time he didn't have to light up the world. Luna and Swain handled late innings situations. JC threw 1000IP over a 7 year period. These three pitchers through tenacity and grit achieved what many in our teams history only hoped to achieve, but as you'll see this group of pitchers weren't the best trio our team had.

4. "Tricky" Eric Jarvis 2043-Present 249 Saves
The only active player to make the anniversary team thus far "Tricky" is on his way to being one of the most prolific closers in team history. He currently stands at 3rd all time at 249 saves. Only 15 saves away from 2nd place. His time is running out however; he's about to enter his age 33 season and has fully hit the regression. He's trying his best to battle against that posting 43 saves in 45 opportunities with a 1.41ERA last season in LLIV.

The last three coming soon...

Updated Sunday, February 20 2022 @ 5:37:35 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |