Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Hattrick Autobidding   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure how many of us are Hattrick players as well, but they've now implemented autobidding and I'm just curious how everyone likes that feature. Its the first game I'm in that has implemented such a mechanism, but the "must be online to bid" has long been something that people complained about in many online games.

Steve

Updated Sunday, December 9 2012 @ 10:55:10 pm PST
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
well, autobidding just creates people with cash to bid bid bid until they default.

though it is good for let's say you see a guy on a time you're not gonna be there (like let's say you got school to go to) you can do autobidder until X price.

though it can be bad b/c it can spew in bigger bidding wars, like wars that were once on 3~4 people, are now like, 10+ and would lead to a lot of frustration to the players who ARE online
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I agree. People get carried away with bidding systems and bid wars.

I don’t know this new autobidding system as I quit hattrick many years ago, but it looks like an improvement on the existing bidding system.

Having said that I don’t think I would like to see a bidding system in broken bat. I think the game can live without the buying/selling of players that has been done to exhaustion in I don’t know how many online games before.

I like it that this game doesn’t have that. I like the signing/release thing better. The way I see it, broken bat just needs a little change in the waivers system to level the field between casual players and constant lurkers. Autobidding could do that, but I wouldn’t go that road. There are other alternatives.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the only time when there is a real difference for casual players and lurkers is the BB-Offseason, when several players getting dropped or waiting for pickup after free agent/waiver deadline period.

So why we dont make an annual draft? The draft order will be known after last league game - worst player picks first. every player has, lets say, 4-5 days to sort his autodraft list. After that first overall draftpick get his first player from his list and so on.

Teams with an empty autodraft list get skipped. To reduce loadtime and increase tension only 10 players per 1/2/3 are drafted. And of course there should be a draft overview page where you can see your round/pick#.
canadian87

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I love the draft at the end of the year idea. Everyone likes signing that great player in the off season :)

Previous Page | Show All |