Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Outfield Assists   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm very new to the game and still fumbling my way through. My first impression is positive, but if I'm seeing things correctly, outfield assists are absolutely crazy. There are guys getting 50+ in a season?! Wth?! Can someone verify my eyes and brain are not deceiving me about this?

Alex Gordon is about as good as anyone has been the last couple decades I think and 20 is his max (and will probably never approach that again because he's tested far less now). Before him Jesse Barfield had a cannon and didn't nail more than 22, and even Roberto Clemente only had a max of 27 for a season.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Is this recent? I see big numbers for a lot of guys from 2015 and 2016, but they've all dropped off from there. Makes me think there was an issue or an adjustment that was made.

Its something that's probably a little tough to control. Managers can choose kamikaze base running settings. If a few do that in the same league, numbers might be abnormal. Stadium size also has an influence I think.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
that is correct
an adjustment was introduced a couple of seasons ago
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, a few seasons ago their were a lot of outfield assists and we turned down the algorithm a bit and things are more inline with MLB numbers now.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |