Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pet Peaves List   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
4) Players from Crickett only countries.

I'd say that using the actual major league ratio for nationalities is a good base, but with ~88,000 players in Broken Bat obviously you'd see a great many more nations represented. Besides, we have managers from all over the world here. If I was playing from Spain or Ukraine etc. I'd want a chance to have a player or two from my home country.

6) Minors are too small.
7) Too many batters on roster

Just because you can carry 30 major league players doesn't mean you should. If you carry 17 batters, I guarantee 3 or 4 of them will never see playtime unless you insert them manually. I think you're better off using those extra spots for minor leaguers you can call-up in case of injury.

10) Odd names.

The names seem good to me. One thing I'd add about Canadian players though is we could use a little more diversity. Throw in some francophones from the French names and mix the racial makeup similar to the US players. And I'm not sure what the number of Native Americans are, but there must be a few of them who have played in the bigs at some point.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rooting for a team that has Yangervis Solarte, Adonis Garcia and Zelous Wheeler under contract, I don't see what the issue with our names is. If anything, I would wish for even more diversity. Just recently, I fired a newly drafted player because I found having two young pitchers named Minoru Gotou on the roster a bit confusing...
Number of batters on the roster a little bit higher than in MLB makes sense to me, too. If you have three injuries, a real team would react with a callup the very next day, but not everyone is online after every game.
Minors size is fine, too. It gets too easy if you don't have to be selective.
Does anyone in the Ukraine or the Czech Republic play cricket??? Baseball is much more common in continental Europe, although it is of course pretty small, with a three league levels in Germany (amateur, of course). The UK, Belgium, Italy and Sweden will play in the European championships. The fact that our international draft pool is the only one that's ever emptied, drafted down to the most hopeless player halfway through the season, shows that there is great interest in players from exotic countries and shows that there should be more of them, not less.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

There are 23 players from Spain in Broken Bat. There are ~88,000 players total. That’s a percentage of 0.026% or 1 in every 3800 players. Wondering what the problem is.

there's only 1 player from Croatia: I'm keeping him in my minor league system as a "pet" project only because he's from a city near to my mother's birthplace!
Also, I managed to find a sign a namesake of mine (even tho he's from the US and not from Italy).

So I'm pretty happy with the international distribution of players.

I think the names are all pretty common…I’m not sure why some people think they’re odd. Unless there is a specific country that wrong or incorrect.

I noticed an
Eickson
I suppose it should be spelled Erickson.
Or maybe not...
Outfielder

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL! What country was the 2011 WBC champ? What country was the first team to beat Cuba at the Olympics? What country won the most European Championships sinds 1954 (with double the amount of titles of the runner up)? For what country do the following players play: Jair Jurjens, Wladimir Balentien, Andruw Jones, Jonathan Schoop, Roger Bernadina, Didi Gregorius, Xander Bogaerts, Jurickson Profar, Kenley Jansen, Andrelton Simmons?

Hint: the answer to all these question is the same.....
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Dutch Antilles/ Curaçao

Steve
Outfielder

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And therefore Dutch.......
Bradyball

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yolo

Updated Tuesday, June 17 2014 @ 6:43:59 pm PDT
Bradyball

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For administrator I'd really like an all star game
Bradyball

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
While scouting i saw a player from India. You have to fix that. Unless you like million dollar arm.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
For administrator I'd really like an all star game

There is already an all-star game.

While scouting i saw a player from India. You have to fix that. Unless you like million dollar arm.

There are no players or prospects from India. Here is a list of the nations that have players in Broken Bat.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |