Help

Forum >> Help >> Promotions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/269391

This guy is 22, and has logged 2300+ AB in the minors and is still recommended for A ball. ??
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like a slow grower. No doubt that is why he was dropped. Players have different development trajectories. Its possible that guy is a lost cause.

He hasn't even had one season at the A level, so its not really shocking he is still recommended for A. The issue is how long it took him to get out of A. I'd leave him down for another full season (next all-star break at least). Then either cut him or force promote him to AA.

Updated Saturday, October 30 2021 @ 6:41:12 pm PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He's one of the odder guys out there. 15 POT to 13 POT likely also why he was cut. I am not these days using the low minors guys in Spring, but thats an idea to maybe jolt him a little bit.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Using a guy in spring gets him Experience early. That will increase his SI (and performance in the minors), but doesn't actually do anything for Training. I'm pretty sure their minors placement is based solely on their Training value.

Also, the AI recommendations are fuzzy. They aren't 100% correct. That is why I keep some guys down longer. The reverse can be true, the AI may be slow in recommending promotion. I still would try and get the guy at least 1.5 seasons in A before you even consider an early push.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
"Slow grower" is probably not the right word as his SI growth looks ok. Its more "Slow maturer". Looks to be the sort of guy who has a lot of his SI locked behind Training, and needs a bit more time in the minors.

Previous Page | Show All |