Help

Forum >> Help >> Replacing for Defense (And a few other questions on Management)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Now, this might be a silly question, but I have gotten confused about the Management setting "Replace for Defense".

Does checking that box mean that a player might get subbed out in a critical defensive emergency, or that he's someone you bring in?

Actually, same applies with Pinch Running. I might just be overthinking it, but I'm trying to shift away from the standard settings to make some improvements, and I really got confused about the meaning of those two.

In the same vein, how do you judge of someone should be selected to Bunt or go for Hit & Runs? Everyone is just set to not do either for me as far as I can tell.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe it means that players will get pinch run for, or replaced in late innings for a better defender. Most folks find it doesn't work super well. I don't like bunting a lot, but I generally allow bad hitters the option to bunt. As long as they have some BC at least. For my high OPS hitters, I don't ever want them bunting.

I only allow guys who hit very well, with high BC to Hit and Run. And usually only when they also show a decent RISP. But again, I don't love the hit and run, so I don't use it a lot. I should probably set my guys who follow speedsters up to do it more often.

Kittens-B-Us

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Once a strategy has been determined on the management settings are there any Manager attributes that will indicate if he follows the settings? Like high Offence in the tactic side? or is it random?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure we all get the same AI, so its a consistent behavior.

Previous Page | Show All |