Help

Forum >> Help >> GB/FB   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
When one sees a batter with a really high GB/FB ratio, how does that affect your view of said player? Obviously we all would like a home run machine, but how negatively do you view a batter with a high ratio? Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That all depends on the batter, your stadium, and your strategy.

In a stadium with far walls and turf, and groundball hitter is going to do better. I would want to see good Hitting on the guy too to make sure he can place the ball into gaps.

A power hitter has fewer requirements. Hitting becomes a little less important than BC because hitting it over the fence is more about Contact than Placement. If your power hitters have GB/FB closer to 1.0, you may want to have shorter fences. If your power hitters all have low GB/FB ratios, you can raise your wall height without hurting them too much. But hopefully hurting your opponent ;)

In general, either sort of batter can be useful. It just depends on your strategy, and you should build your park around your strategy.

Updated Saturday, November 28 2020 @ 11:40:19 am PST
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Corona posted the highest OPS of full time players on my roster with a GB/FB of 1.80. Now, I suspect he might be a better player with a ratio closer to 1.0, but he still manages to be productive. A higher ratio seems to be very loosely correlated with higher batting averages, IMO, so there's a tradeoff there.

I think the main thing is that if one of a player's best attributes is his power, than you want a lower ratio or you aren't going to see homeruns. On the other hand, a player with a robust profile of hitting skills like Corona can still be very productive even with a very high ratio.

Previous Page | Show All |