Help

Forum >> Help >> Help with AA Prostpect   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
burnout22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys I've been doing some swotting up about potential and max SI and I'm looking for a vet's perspective on this guy:

http://brokenbat.org/player/98068

He is currently a 1B but was thinking of moving him to OF and promoting him to either the Majors or AAA squad until next season. Any advice is greatly appreciated :D
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If you don't need him in the majors leave him where he is for now as thats where he'll get the greatest SI gains. You're not going to damage him a lot if you do need him in the majors though. To me he profiles as a very good LF with that range, even if the arm is a little on the weak side.
burnout22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for that mate ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He might be able to play LF, but that Arm is a concern for the OF. Also it doesn't look like he has much experience in the OF yet. His natural defense might make up for that, but its rough to play people out of position at the major level. He will probably do ok for you in your current division, but his lack of Hitting would be a concern for me personally. Its too bad he is a lefty. His defensive build makes him perfect for 2B.

BTW, I value Hitting very high. Other folks might like him better, and his power looks like it will be decent. One other tick against him would be the lack of aggressiveness on the bases, which translates into wasted speed in terms of stolen bases.

Updated Monday, July 6 2015 @ 5:06:37 pm PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure if a "Green Monster" (tall/close wall) in left would help off-set his noodle arm.

I'm seeing a lot of ground balls into RF since the update. Almost ready to start putting more value on 1B range - I think more of the blame has to be on my 13fld/8rng 1B than my 15fld/18rng 2b.

Cotton should certainly be a gold-glove+ 1B and be able to max his potential if you call him up now, but keeping him in the minors until he learns all he can (and hopefully gets at least a lower case "of") should help you avoid demotion and improve your flexibility unless your current 1B is a lump.

A little surprised he isn't at least a AAA rec yet ... he's a little like Enrique Cazares there - EC was 99 SI of his 13 pot (+ "learned all he can" in AAA) until training 7 of his age 24 season ... glad I left him down until then - he got his "of" in spring training.

PS. If you haven't already, put him in your spring lineup to update his steal to ++ and see how much he likes to run.
burnout22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks again guys :D

Previous Page | Show All |