Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> 256th Cup Team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I am tied for 256th for the Cup 11-9 and +23. I have an x next to my team name like I've made it, but no scheduled games, it isn't highlighted red like the others, and I don't have the little trophy indicating I'm still in the Cup. I checked the other two teams that were 11-9 and +23 and neither of them got Cup games scheduled.

I checked to see who is playing the #1 seed, and it is the Lexington Colonels who were 11-9 with a +8. So, does it just default to a random team once there is a 3-way tie at +23?
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I’m not sure about tiebreakers but Lexington was the first place team from our group that had four teams finish 10-10 and the other finishing 9-11.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yup. That's it... That's why they are highlighted red and in. I've now missed the knockout round twice in three years... Not great for a once mighty franchise.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I kind of wish we didn't have the X, because its meaningless and deceptive. The only thing that matters is the background color. Because the top team from each group gets in - and there is almost always at least one team that is top of its group, but not as high as the 256th team. The X just means you are in the top 256 team, but you can also see that by just looking at the number... So I don't know why we even have the X...?

BTW - I think its appropriate that the top team gets in. It helps mitigate the randomized/uneven distribution of teams. Even those in the "groups of death" have a chance to advance.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Last season there were three teams with X's that didn't make it in.

Previous Page | Show Page |