Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> End of the season discussion.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How did your season go? Did you win it all or did finish at the bottom? Did you manage to make a profit or did you finish in the red? Did your team improve from last year or have they shown no improvements?

My team beat the Paterson Scorpions who won 118 games and are now moving up to the Legend League. This season has also been the most profitable so far.

How has your season gone?
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Somewhere between painful and misery. My own fault though, misread the financials and thought I was 8 mil in the hole and hatchet got a lot of work. Overestimated my ability to pull in suitable replacements. Relegation should be interesting, here's hoping my vast minor system gets better, quickly.
ianheath653

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine was a disappointment. It was the second season in the fifth division (I started with a lousy team in six), and while I didn't expect to win the league, I expected to be more competitive with some off-season improvements. Won 85 games last season and 86 this season. That doesn't sound bad, but the late-season collapse stung. Went 17-26 in the last two months capped off with a ten-game losing streak halted in the last two games of the season. Looks like its back to the drawing board for next season...
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
after a few middle of the standings seasons and a steady loss of funds...i went into a rebuild...only keeping the older guys who were really good...signing a few young, below average skilled free agents that had high potential...and relied on the high-school draft to fill up my minors with good prospects (i can't remember who, but someone said this is probably the reason i'm still in tier VI)
well...after 2 promotions (and 2 championship sweeps) in a row...i'm off to Tier IV...i made 8.2 mil 2 years ago...14.5 mil last year...and 24.2 mil this year...selling out every game...so after i put more seats in my ballpark...i should make even more...i'd say my financial issues are over...

this from a team that hasn't slaved to the (completely fair) free agency market
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
being ranked 685, all I can say is I got some work to do
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I survived the Legends East!!!!!! Thats all i have to say. Toughest the Legends East has been ever. Poor Saratoga.........

But srsly I had a late season collapse that almost put me in relegation. With only a few years left on my guys I may have to rebuild for a season.

My funds been doing great. Increased my cash all the time and looks like there's no signs of stopping. Closing in on 100M in the bank
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I financially mismanaged my first season, so this season my goal was to stay in the middle of the pack while re-building. I ended up having a -160 something or worse run differential and got relegated. My goal is to be competitive this upcoming season as my young pitchers blossom then make a run at winning the division.
mailboy2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
it's an amazing season, bay city lion is still a very strong team, look forward to meet you again next season
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i hope finally some prospects promote to my legends team soon. Can't drop any players i don't need and can't add any players as i am 50/50.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@tc_ferdzz

Funny how someone who so categorically claims the free agent market is fair never uses that same market, at least not in the last 9 months.

Anyway, you need to stop being bitter and let go of that grudge you clearly still hold against me.

I said what I said about you to make a point, and that should have ended back then. It wasn't personal, so stop acting like it was cause it's getting old now.

The irony of it though is that if I hadn't kicked your behind back then, you'd probably would still be in division VI. No need to thank me.

So, congratulations on reaching division IV.

It's just a pity that you can't see that what took 1 year and a half for you to achieve takes only a couple of seasons for a wheeler and dealer like Atlantic City.

They were in my league this season and the final standings there are a screaming example of what such power players can do in an unfair game like this.

After seeing the way Atlantic City owned free agency in last off-season, I knew back then everybody else was going to finish a ton of games behind, and that's exactly what happened.

The waiver system is unfair and I know many others agree with me. Only those who exploit it say it's a fair one. Them and tc_ferdzz, because he's special.

But he'll find wheelers and dealers in his way soon, and when that happen he won't be able to compete against them the same way I wasn't this season, and maybe then he.ll change his mind.

Anyway, it doesn't look like the waiver system is changing. Judging by recent news, it seems it's more important to up that click rating to put broken bat on top of online management games rankings, and the waiver system does make people click a lot. Last off-season, Atlantic City alone must have contributed with thousands of clicks.

And that's how they judge games nowadays. If people click a lot on them they must be good. No wonder the web is infested with click-fest games.

But I digress...
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
honestly, when i said that the free agent market is completely fair...it was said with the intention of getting under your skin a bit...as some friendly, rivalry jibbing...i meant no ill will...i'm sorry it was misconstrued...

i think that a waiver claim system is a good idea honestly...i've said so...i think the Free agent market could use some tweaks and isn't "great"...but i don't think it's as bad as you continually point out...

i haven't used to free agency market in 9 months not because i don't believe in the market that Steve has created...but because that's not how i build my team to begin with...i see free agency as a way to fill gaps...i draft the core of my team and use free agents to come in as support, if needed...so far...it hasn't been needed...plus my roster is full as most of my players are still on the upswing of their career...if, after the off season training update, my older player's skills drop them out of usefulness...they will be taken out and i'll probably fill those roster spots with highschool drafts for the future...

was that you who said that my lack of free agency activity is why i was still in tier VI?...i said i couldn't remember who said that and i meant that...it's funny that you figured i was being coy and being bitter...i was just stating facts and hadn't realized it was you who said it...

let me set this straight...nobody dictates how i run my team except me...you saying that i was going no where was merely humorous to me...i read...i chuckled...i moved on...i continued to build my team with the plan i had set out to achieve...and here i am 2 straight promotions later...running my team on my gameplan...

my philosophy on running building a team is the same as building a house...you need to build a strong foundation before you can build the home on top of it...you don't create a foundation for a team through free agents...you draft it...you look at what you are going to need in a few years and put someone in your system that can fill that role when that need arises...that's how you build a continually competitive team...and sometimes to establish this...it takes a few extra seasons in the beginning...but usually once you start to succeed...you continue to succeed...if you rely on free agency too much...then when one's skills go into rapid declination due to age...you won't be properly equipped to replace him and rely on a free agent signing to fill that gap...and if you can't find a player on free agency...you are hooped...(just so there's no misunderstanding...i don't mean you specifically...i mean you as a general term)

thanks for saying i'm special...that means a lot coming from you...

maybe this game is getting a lot of votes because the people who click to vote actually enjoy the game...by voting for the game...we get more users...and we grow the game...and isn't that what we want?...
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I had quite a fun season. I thought I had made enough improvements to make me a second place team in my division. However, by the All-Star break I was in 4th place and I think 12 games under .500 but I had a +50 in run differential. Whereas, the team in second had a negative run differential. The second half went really well as I played well against the teams in front of me. In the end it all evened out and I ended up in second. I had expanded my ballpark significantly so halfway through the season I thought my finances were in serious trouble. However, I ended up making five million this year. Less than last year but I was expecting losses so I was quite pleased. Unfortunately I'll have to look at the free agent market to make my team a threat to win the division next year.
Sports00

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team was in first place and I was thinking that my team would make the playoffs and then I played a team that took 3 out 4 games and the Fresno Falcons had a three game series and I had a four game series with Oceanview and lost my spot in the playoffs.
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My expectations wee very high for the season , having come off a dominant 113 win season and a cup final.I couldnt compete as well in the cup but improved my record largely due to impressive starting pitching. Cy Young winner Cristian Villegas http://brokenbat.org/player/56330 was very impressive in his first season throwing a no hitter and 2 shutouts total. He also threw a no hitter in the playoffs. On offence my MVP Carlos Paz http://brokenbat.org/player/5647 was dominant. Star closer Adrian Elliott http://brokenbat.org/player/44020 battled closing problems twice during the season but managed to settle down and finish strongly.

Onto the playoffs and with home court advantage i won both home games in shutout wins , one a no hitter and then took game 3 away. I assumed sweep would be incoming but credit to my opponent who fought to game 7 and il admit i was scared when they led off game 7 with a 2 run first inning. My team battled back and walked off in 9 innings to cap a very emotional season for me.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@tc

You didn't get what I said about the clicking and I think that while you're being faithful to your game strategy you may have lost a bit of touch on what's going on in this game.

If you are happy with that foundation building that's fine with me but when you say that is the way to go and that those who rely on free agency can't do it indefinitely, well, you're wrong.

The history records of Saratoga and Bay City, 2 well known wheelers and dealers say you are wrong. While you have only a couple of wins in division V and VI to support your argument, they have piled cup wins and several pennant wins in the upper divisions, Legends included.

And THAT'S how bad it is.

They have owned free agency in the last seasons, and not even recent changes in salaries seem to have affected them. You have Bay City in this very thread bragging about his $100M cash.

This is why I have been this vocal about free agency, because it all comes down to it and it is the key of success in this game.

Many people here think they are playing a sports management game but in reality they are not.

The game has a lot of lovely management options but none of those really matter that much unless free agency starts being fair to everybody.

Until then broken bat is all about who can refresh waiver pages more often.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team had the highest rating (138.27) in V.15 at the start of the season, so I figured I had a good shot at 1st place. Unfortunately the team played so badly I thought I was going to be demoted. A 19-31 start. My franchise top rated player Vince Richard who was a lifetime .292 hitter with six consecutive allstar appearances, was hitting .143 after 50 games.

Things improved after that and we got into (barely) 4th place with a 70-70 record. Then an incredible 18-2 run to finish the season, including a 16 game win streak. Enough for 2nd place (again) behind Ontario Blue Jays and still the highest rating in V.15 (145.59). Well, maybe next season.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
after a disappointing last place finish last season the young aurora dragons have taken a step forward this season with a 87-73 record and a 3rd place standing, while it could be better this is far better than the 65-95 record of 2012, and it saw may youngsters take a big step forward and hopefully have set the dragons up for first place next season.

Previous Page | Show Page |