Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2039 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca: I looked at Botello as well, but I just couldn't find room for him. *shrug* That, and that recent spell of crapitude planted a seed of doubt...

@Allen'54: Man, with the exception of the last game, all were one-point games. I felt that they all could have gone one way or the other. Your team played well, so I tip my cap to you as well. Some tough-luck losses, for sure.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca - thanks, looks like I was the one of the few (or more) who were considering him who actually took the plunge. I liked him for his on-base numbers but moreso for his power and his strong flyball tendencies. In the previous two seasons I'd had to say goodbye to my top 3 home run hitters, when we've kinda always been a power team, but now we're more on-base and timely hits. Huerta might get up there given his growth and flyball hitting, but 18 of his 26 homers last season came before the ASG and he's been poor since. There's a bunch of guys that could hit 20 homers but that doesn't look likely this season. Anguiano has finally gotten to where I hoped he would when I picked him up, and looks very similar to Botello, but I had space for both so why not?

I do have a couple of decent OF prospects down on the farm that are needing to come up (perhaps soon), and there are a couple of guys I could cut (and one I almost did), but I'm happy to stand pat for now.

And for the record, Botello's debut went: 2-run-HR, single, line out, double (scored again). Nice if you can get it. ;)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice. :)

Those who view the Venting thread knew this was coming. After complaining that Waterloo hadn't won a 25+ waiver claim since last August, the Dinos won one last night in Gomez.

Nice pot, scouting and minor league numbers. Clearly a risky profile given his age and placement. Very reminiscent of Zarate with respect to his age, SI and minor league trajectory. Zarate filled out nicely, though that's no guarantee for Gomez.

Our future vs. RHP OF now projects as Gomez, the recently acquired Lafferty, and Smiley. It's all coming together. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice pickup. Not sure how that guy didn't have 100+ claims? I don't think his age is too much of a risk given his current skills. You can always leave him in AAA at 25 if you like.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I was in on him, too. 1st base has become a revolving door since Peterson's retirement. Only problem was, I worked late last night and didn't make the 50/50 cut I was mulling in time for waivers. D'oh.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a claim on him, but got a cup of Chowder before him with my last roster spot. Gomez should be good, but he doesn't look like he'll get the right launch angle often enough to utilize his power and become great.
Crawford will probably take over for Chapa at third whenever Father Time finally ticks for him. Naturally I got the claim on another offensive guy in his prime that will find it difficult to find playing time right now. Meanwhile, I've got pitchers being forced into games because I can't find any decent arms.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Gomez already has the standard Dino launch angle. Saves our batting instructors having to teach it to him.

Dinos took a run at Crawford last season when we had a 3B problem. Still like him.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Edit: Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.

Updated Saturday, February 9 2019 @ 5:12:40 pm PST
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I just had a very unusual game where I scored 24 runs in a 9 inning game. The run total is certainly unusual but even more unusual is that I didn't hit a single home run in that 24 run affair.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In the middle of a pennant chase, and one of my best pitchers suffers the worst injury my team has seen in its history: Basso out for 36 days with torn labral. That could very well put my already wavering chances out of range. Gutted.

Edit: Okay, one game after the Basso injury, and then this? Not an injury, but what a heartbreaking loss. Would have been for either team. Twenty-one innings... WTF?

Updated Sunday, February 10 2019 @ 5:14:25 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page