Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Outlier Season? or a sign of what's to come?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Meade graced my franchise as the 32 claim jackpot in 2054. Good scouting and respectable stats gave me hopes of a solid early mid to middle rotation arm. Call him up at the end of 2055 and he gets a solid 1-4 welcome to the league with an average RS of 1. 2056 he gets the rookie designated the end of the rotation and had unexpected success, I kept wondering when the shoe would drop but he had one of the best rookie pitching campaigns in my time as owner. Next season he comes in as the 2nd starter and has an even better season worthy of Cy Young Recognition. You can imagine my excitement heading into this season where he is capped in SI and about to Lead us as Staff ace. 2058 Hits him like a brick wall going 0-5 in his first 8 starts not earning his first win until June. Spends the rest of the year battling back to become a .500 pitcher with modest success. I'll say this year's stats are closer to what I expected from his minor league numbers but 2056 and 2057 gave me rose colored lenses to look at him with. The beauty of this is that we won't know what direction he'll go until it's all said and done, but I wanted some input/speculation/predictions/wagers on whether you think 2056 and 2057 is indicative of what Meade is as a player, or is 2058 his true identity.

Updated Friday, February 24 2023 @ 1:11:30 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In my experience players seems to do better while they are still developing. When they hit their maxes it seems like they slow down. I have a lot of guys who follow that pattern. Not to say this guy won't do better, but last year does really look like a better than average performance for him.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. I've been asking myself that same question about most of my starting rotation. :)

Morelli
Mendez
Wynne

In Waterloo's case we popped up a tier. Part of it.

For Meade (and Mendez and Wynne) an uptick in HRs is part of the problem. That stat has a fair amount of variance. For Meade and Mendez it should recover. (This might be Wynne's true talent tho :( ).

Maybe worth noting you've switched from a 16 range CF to a 13 range CF. Meade may be feeling the effects of that. I'd be trying to find a way to get Copeland in a corner.

Previous Page | Show All |