Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> youth pull pools   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The 23 yo Asian draftees typically are only recommended to be in rookie ball for a few weeks from my experience. Thus why you should check weekly after training which level is best for your guys in the minors.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Each pool of prospects has different profile…some pools have greater variance in age, skills and training than others. College players tend to have less risk and less reward. Other pools maybe a little more risky.

Also, this is the end of the season, so the pools are pretty picked over…especially the smaller pools.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i think i know the answer but just want confirmation...

are the player pools just filled with a bunch of prospects or is it that each week you go to draft (and every time a different user does it for that matter) it's just 5 freshly created random players?

i just did a high-school draft...there was 2 players i really wanted go get...obviously i can only pick one...so that second player is still in the pool and available for someone else (or if i'm lucky, me next week) to pick up? or are all the non-picks scrubbed and when someone else picks the highschool pool 5 randomly generated guy pops up?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
All the prospects are created at the beginning of the season and all prospects come out of those pools. At the end of the season, all undrafted prospects are flushed.

So with each week, the quality of the players goes down a little bit and people grab the better prospects.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
what are the odds that i could see a player that i skipped over in another pool draw?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Very low.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand the frustrating of wanting to select those 2 players and only being able to select one of them. That's one of the reasons why I once suggested that we get all draftees at the beginning of the season and be able to select up to 10 of them immediately, or until the end of the season.

This way we could also start training rookies from week one, and we could get rid of all the other weekly drafts, which are increasingly uninteresting, because after the first weekly draft we're just picking players from a pool of leftovers.

Maybe the whole draft pool could be split among teams at the beginning of the season, and there could be some sort of form where each team could set which percentage of their draft they wanted from each pool, so we wouldn't lose that option.

The system would automatically try to meet the asking percentages of each team, but also taking into account the laws of supply and demand.

Meaning, if everybody wanted 100% of their draftees to come from the Asian pool, the system would have to distribute that pool evenly among all teams. The same would go for all the pools that nobody wanted any player from.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the frustration is like in any sport in any type of draft...even if you had a real life type draft where it's a league wide draft and the end of the year...if you see a handful of players you'd like to pick up...it's that debate of which one you take assuming the other one won't be available the next time you pick...

i'm okay with this...that's the excitement of the draft and building your team...making the right decisions and making mistakes which mean the difference between success and failure...that's why i love manager games...

i don't mind this system...i still find draftees i want later in the season...

i was just wondering that if by next Friday no one else has picked the particular player that i was forced to leave behind...what are the chances that he'd be in my 5 player pool...
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably something like 5 in 2800...
I would definitely miss the weekly excitement of being able to draft a new prospect if there was only one draft date per season. Besides, if I remember correctly, last season, only about 700 of the almost 3000 players in each of the larger pools were drafted when the season was over. (International was emptied quite quickly.) That would mean that there can only have been about 3500 views of those 3000 players - in other words, even at the end of the season you had a decent chance of seeing at least one or two players nobody had ever been offered before.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If by the end of the season there were more views than the pool size, there’s a chance of seeing a player nobody has seen before, but it’s not a decent one. It’s actually a very long shot.

All I’m saying is, sometimes you don’t even get one decent player from the draft over a whole season. If all the sudden, you get 2 of those and you’re only allowed to pick one, to me, it’s frustrating.

I’d rather get all my draftees in bulk. If they’re all rubbish I sign none. If I’m lucky to get 2 good draftees I’d want to sign both of them, put the draft behind me and focus on the regular season.

Previous Page | Show All |