Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Walla Walla 2042 Season Write Up   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As we enter the last day of the 2042 season, 2 games ahead in league IV.8, Walla Walla is feeling confident about a third straight season of promotion. With a run differential of +150, about 100 higher than the 2nd place team, Pasadena, we would have to be swept today, and Pasdena would have to sweep a tough Sedona team in order for us to lose 1st place.

Our bats stole the show this season, led by our 4x All Star Nakashima and our steal of the waiver wire in 2041 Tirado.

Other notable bats include our 6x All Star Ignacio Alcantar batting .302 and Haha Park with 28 dongs.

Our big waiver pick up of the off season Mauro Muniz slashed .273/.348/.456 with 17 HRs and 88 RBIs while throwing out 34% of would-be base stealers, helping to fill our biggest void from last years team.

Our pitching left a little to be desired this season, specifically the bullpen, but we have 3 starters I have the utmost confidence can give us a great chance to win on a given day. The franchise's best pitcher, Lefty Slinger, the steadfast veteran "Big" Kurt Duval, and the bright young star Moneybag Simmons. A big shoutout to our unlikely, but highly effective closer for the past year and a half Rodrigo Lopez.

However, there are bittersweet undertones to our success this season. Our core is aging. A core that firmly took root in the dark days of the Walla Walla rebuild way back in the early to mid 30s. Guys like Franchise Friedrich who has taken steps down as the ball-hawking Franchise centerfielder, or Alcantar who is turning 32, but had a great comeback season this year. I don't know how much longer these guys will be the productive giants that helped build this team from bottom feeders in league VI to now (hopefully) league III, but it sure has been a joy to follow their progress and success.

That being said there are bright spots for the future of Walla Walla - our minor league system is healthy, albeit with a glut of guys in AA right now, which seems to be an issue many are facing. This year we promoted three of our top prospects and although they didn't have immediate success in The Show, each of had bright spots which gives the manager and the fans hope. Our newest additions to the squad are Harley Johns, Norm Giuliani, and Joey Savage.

The future is still bright in Walla Walla and my spirits couldn't be higher. I look forward to the challenges of this last series and if everything goes right (which it won't since I'm making a premature post) league III. In the offseason we will target a slew of bullpen arms in attempts to close out more close games this season and maybe a right handed bat or two since we are saturated with lefties, especially in the outfield. Cheers to another great season everyone - may the waiver wire be with you.

Updated Monday, October 21 2019 @ 6:08:21 am PDT
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great write-up! Hope to see a season preview of your team soon!

Previous Page | Show All |