Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Turf   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm wondering what is your guys experience with turf in your ballpark? Was it good/bad? Did it help improve the team? Were your pitchers better/worse?

For me, my experience with turf last season was a mixed bag. Before inter league play, I was the relegation zone. Once the All-Star break came around, I was in fourth and was there until the season ended.

My hitting improved by .31 points at home last season compared to 2040, when I didn't have turf. The amount of runs and RBI's went up as well last season compared to 2040.

Instead, my pitching was much worse at home. Last season, my home ERA was 4.53 compared to 3.70 in 2040. BAA in 2041 at home was .280, but in 2040, it was .242.

I'm thinking about leaving the turf in my ballpark, but let me know what you guys think.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Turf is different than grass. It's a slightly faster surface and the ball bounces off the carpet in a truer/more consistent fashion.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I used Turf/dome the last few seasons. I think it was beneficial when my team strengths were fielding and pitching. Now my fielding isn't so hot, so I switched back to grass.

Previous Page | Show All |