Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Back to minors?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/97353

Wondering what you all think about this guy. I moved him up a little over a week ago. Someone recommended I platoon them in CF and let them finish developing. He has been pretty cold though, way worse than his short stint last year. Should I wait another week or two to see what happens?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He still has a long ways to go (~30 points), he might get that in the majors but it really depends on the playing time you can give him. Hitters can gain SI from major league experience up to ~1000-1500 ABs, but the slower they get towards that number the slower they will gain SI. If you don't feel you want to commit major playing time to him, he would be best served to be at the recommended minor league level. Regardless he will be recommended for the majors at the start of next season since he will be 25.

Updated Saturday, October 10 2015 @ 9:53:21 pm PDT
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have him batting 9th against RHP and never taking him out. Might it work out?
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think he's learned all that he can in the minors, right?
In this case, leave him down 'til, at least, next season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks to me that he was recommended to the majors. Otherwise he would show a "may be overmatched" report (which he doesn't). If you can get him ABs in the majors, that will be his best route to development regardless of how well he performs. The trade-off of course is going to be poor performance. He can probably still grow at a slow rate in the minors if you can't stand to give him ABs in the majors.

EDIT: NM, I see he is back in the minors with no promotion recommendation. I'd leave him there until he is recommended for promotion. He really isn't ready to face major league pitchers with his current skill set.

Updated Sunday, October 11 2015 @ 7:57:47 am PDT
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks everyone :)
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For anyone who's interested it took one more week in the minors haha :)
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
*claps*

Previous Page | Show All |