Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> setup reliver   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
stex

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why does the setup reliver pitch so much?

I realized that in last seasons my setup reliver pitched for more that 100 inning and all the other relivers somewhere between 30 and 50 IP.

The very most of the time he's the one who pitches after the starter is over, instead of being used just during 8th or maybe 7th inning.

I saw matches in which the SP went for like 5 innings, then the setup was brought in an pitched for 2+ inning until he was tired or gave up too many hits or runs with the rest of the bullpen still available and ready to pitch.

Anybody else noticed these things?

Updated Monday, May 19 2014 @ 3:46:48 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
A lot depends on what management settings you have set for him and for your other pitchers. If your starters pitch a lot of innings and you bring your closer in early, then your setup man probably wouldn't.

Steve
cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I am dealing with this at this time.

This computer manager has no clue what a Long Reliever is....

He just places my setup guys in just as soon as the starter gets tired...

Nothing like the 2nd inning set up guys :)
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Then put your set up pitchers to later innings like the 7th or 8th.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You have a lot of flexibility in terms of setting a pitch could and hook number for pitchers. For relievers, which pitcher comes in depends a lot on the score, the first inning setting for each pitcher, fatigue & injury and their role (but this is the least important element).

If the game is close, the game engine will tend to put your better relievers in (if their first inning setting value has been reach). If the game is a blow you, then the long reliever may get pressed into service.

Steve

Updated Monday, June 2 2014 @ 2:53:56 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |