Help

Forum >> Help >> Centerfield Profile   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What type of Centerfield do the more experienced managers prefer? Is it best to have a player with like a 14 Fielding, 19 Range and 19 Arm, or would most prefer instead something like a 10 Fielding 14 Range and 18 Arm, thereby leaving the difference in skill points to allocate to more offensive categories like Hitting BC, PD etc? Unless that player is a 14 potential or above its difficult to have both good hitting skills and defensive skills for a CF. Like almost everything else in this game it's about tradeoffs, so where is the best tradeoff, or profile, for a Centerfold with a Potential of around 13? Thanks all. Great game!
Jobywan

Makakilo Eruption
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Lots of range (17+) fielding doesn't need to be as high as you might think (11+ for me) and arm is ... more of a luxury, I want him to hit.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree. All defensive skill are desirable, but I usually prioritize hitting skills. Range as high as possible. I prefer ~10 Fielding. Arm of 12 or higher is nice.

My current CF is 10 Fielding, 14 Range, 14 Arm. I would prefer he had a couple more points in Range.

My previous long term (14 years) CF Julio Paz peaked at 7 Fielding, 15 Range, 14 Arm. He fielded .992 in CF over his career including one golden glove. So as you can see Fielding isn't so important. Remember, most of the balls those guys are catching are in the air. Fielding only comes into play for ground balls in the OF.

Updated Sunday, February 19 2023 @ 8:22:47 pm PST
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have one of those guys at CF that's heavy on the defensive stats.https://brokenbat.org/player/279404

I too would gladly give back some of the arm and fielding for more hitting.

Updated Tuesday, February 21 2023 @ 12:36:43 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |